9/1 Orioles vs Rockies (Quantrill scratched, LHP Ty Blach starting)

LookitsPuck

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Calling Phelps “a gold medalist” is really underselling who he is. 

I’m sorry,  last time I checked, “gold medalist” was nowhere in the baseball vocabulary, and I’m watching a baseball
game.

Trying to anyway.

It’s a little bit more difficult with the sound turned down, but it’s worse when the camera shows three Talking Heads and not the baseball field.

idiots.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm pretty sure the NFL is doing dumb stuff like the MLB...like, streaming games on different platforms and if you don't have that platform, you can't watch.  Amazon Prime, Hulu, Peacock....

Yeah, the NFL is pretty bad with that.

I personally wouldn’t hold them up as a great example of making their games available to people who want to watch them. I live a little less than an hour from the dump formerly known as FedEx Field — and about 10 weekends per year, I can’t watch the Washington Football Commanders on my television because they’re “out of market.”

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I mean there are some in-game interviews that aren't that great but to piss on Michael Phelps is being intentionally obtuse, @HowAboutThat

I’m not downplay who he is, I know exactly who he is. I watched him swim, and points to you for using the word obtuse.
But my point stands. It’s a baseball game. I don’t want interviews with gold medalists during a baseball game that’s not the time for it. I don’t care if you’ve got Mark Spitz there these guys are supposed to be talking about the game on the field and things pertaining to the game on the field. I’m no less annoyed when they’re talking about the hotdogs in the local park. 

Everything about these broadcasts is dreadful. From the camera work to the commentary to the homerism to the voices. But the easiest thing to fix is just to get rid of the stupid endgame interviews if you want to talk to Michael Phelps or Joan Jett or the latest sports celebrity, do it after the game or before the game, and not during the game.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, the NFL is pretty bad with that.

I personally wouldn’t hold them up as a great example of making their games available to people who want to watch them. I live a little less than an hour from the dump formerly known as FedEx Field — and about 10 weekends per year, I can’t watch the Washington Football Commanders on my television because they’re “out of market.”

What an absolute ****hole that stadium is. Not one redeeming factor at all. 

3 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I’m not downplay who he is, I know exactly who he is. I watched him swim, and points to you for using the word obtuse.
But my point stands. It’s a baseball game. I don’t want interviews with gold medalists during a baseball game that’s not the time for it. I don’t care if you’ve got Mark Spitz there these guys are supposed to be talking about the game on the field and things pertaining to the game on the field. I’m no less annoyed when they’re talking about the hotdogs in the local park. 

Everything about these broadcasts is dreadful. From the camera work to the commentary to the homerism to the voices. But the easiest thing to fix is just to get rid of the stupid endgame interviews if you want to talk to Michael Phelps or Joan Jett or the latest sports celebrity, do it after the game or before the game, and not during the game.

Amen.

3 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

If you’ve got an opportunity to listen to someone as good as Phelps was and to learn about what set them apart, you take it. More valuable than Brown telling me what I can see for myself. 

• Upvote 2