White Sox Series

Uli2001

On 9/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles haven't won three games in a row in more than two months... is it too much to ask that they do that at home against the worst baseball team in modern history?

It probably is. They will drop a lazy loss in there, just as they did in this series against Colorado.

The Orioles can't win three in a row. It's a law of nature.

14 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles can't win three in a row. It's a law of nature.

Well they just did and then completely embarrassed themselves in the next game against the worst team in MLB history. Golden opportunity to go 1.5 games up wasted.

Elias Sports Bureau (not you, Mike) should get on if a pitcher has ever yielded the first HR of the season to two batters with as many as 400 and 150 PA both in the same game.

It was a beautiful evening at the ballpark.

I got to go to the pregame event with Eve Rosenbaum and Brendan Fournie, but didn't hear anything super noteworthy.     Rob Long hosted this one.     Eve had a good line about her "expertise" at deflecting the of course it was going to be asked question about being another woman in baseball qualified for a GM seat.

She also mentioned Felix throwing 100-103 on a question about injuries and pitcher velocity, and told the audience about Ben Joyce's 105 the other day.    I didn't know during the event Felix had thrown a bullpen this afternoon.    I doubt she was giving us fresh off the Rhapsodo info, and she was probably referring to the last two years.   

It sure would be nice if Felix was getting those numbers now though - the TBD of how much the surgeon has taken from him will bear on how powerful the next few teams are.

Unhappy off day ahead, and on to the Rays.

53 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Okay, I will revise my statement to "these Orioles can't sweep a horrible team". It was the same thing against Colorado.

They swept the White Sox earlier in the year.  As bad as the White Sox are they have at least 1 win vs every team in the American League except Texas.   If we had swept them we would have been the only other team not to have a loss against them all year.  The Guardians are 5-5 vs the White Sox on the year that has to be very embarrassing to them.  

• Upvote 1