White Sox Series

Uli2001

4 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

Has anyone asked Eloy Jimenez if he’s feeling good about being traded away from White Sox ?   Just imagine clubhouse change from that team to the Orioles . 

I think a better answer might be asking Miguel Vargas how he likes being in Chicago instead of LA

5 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Let’s take care of business this afternoon and then enjoy the holiday while the Yankees and Red Sox know they will have to win to keep pace and put some pressure on them that if Yanks lose will be out of 1st.  

Yankees and Red Sox’s turn.  We can take over 1st with a loss by Yankees tonight and getting closer and closer to clinch playoff spot.  Magic number to clinch playoffs down to 15.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The White Sox have 4 wins since July 10.

Yeah but Cade Povich has zero wins since July 10 and the Orioles have only won 1 of his 5 starts since then.   Could be interesting tomorrow.

Look, I'll take ANY win, especially the way this team has played in the last two months. But you cant get too euphoric over beating this crummy Sox team, it's almost like being a minor league team. We need to win as many games as we can, but don't delude yourself into thinking this was much more than a win that was served up on a tee. Cade Povich, who has been dreadful for multiple starts goes Tuesday and that could end up something close to a bullpen  game for us.I have little or no confidence in Povich now, after having been very bullish on him earlier. We need to sweep this terrible White Sox club, but we have some challenges.I don't even think Burnes was elite today, though he did go 5 innings and give up 2 runs. But those double plays bailed him out. It was far from a dominant start. I still think we have horrible hitting skills with RISP and strikeout a ton. Today we finally exploded, but against what ? I want to see this team put together a run of 5-6 games and get their injured players back, and THEN (only then) will I be convinced the Orioles are going to go far in the playoffs. Right now, I'm still skeptical.

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah but Cade Povich has zero wins since July 10 and the Orioles have only won 1 of his 5 starts since then.   Could be interesting tomorrow.

Wasn’t suggesting otherwise. Just thought that was a mind blowing factoid. 

• Upvote 1

I’m very glad for the offensive breakout after a frustrating first few innings.   Hopefully the offense can relax and start producing consistently for a bit.  They may need to score a good bit with Povich on the bump.   

Nastrini is the staring pitcher from EARLY this year when Norfolk scored 26 runs against Charlotte. That Norfolk lineup had Jackson, Norby, HK, Mayo, Stowers as our first 5. 

Wouldnt mind a replay of that game tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2