Take one for the team Adley

Wavetrapper

He needs to catch up to the scouting report. Needs to start looking for pitches on the edge of the strike zone early and driving them. He's failing to adjust in my opinion. I also have serious concerns about his bat speed from the left side. 

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Sorry, I misses it.   Where was it reported that  Adley has a back injury?

He missed a game with back stiffness about 2 weeks ago.  So now people want to assume he has a back injury.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

He won’t be on the team in a couple of years. Bookmarket.

If he keeps playing like this,  we may not want him on the team in a couple of years.   He's so greatly disappeared in the 2nd half it's really troubling.   His defense, game calling and holding runners has all regressed imo, and now his bat is gone.   Unless he can turn it around, why would we want him in a couple of years if this is how he's going to play?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

If he keeps playing like this,  we may not want him on the team in a couple of years.   He's so greatly disappeared in the 2nd half it's really troubling.   His defense, game calling and holding runners has all regressed imo, and now his bat is gone.   Unless he can turn it around, why would we want him in a couple of years if this is how he's going to play?

Don’t disagree. Basaillo will be next man up.

All joking aside, there’s definitely something wrong. Adley‘s stance at the plate looks very awkward. He tends to be leaning forward and swiveling his hips forward as if he has some pain in his lower back just above his pelvis.
he seems to hunch his shoulders just before swinging, as if he’s trying to make up for lost power in his hips with increased power in his shoulders. I don’t know if that’s normal or if that is how he has always looked at the plate, but it doesn’t look comfortable, and it certainly isn’t effective. Maybe he is nursing an injury of some kind? Being bad for so long is a problem in itself, but what is worse is the difference between where he is and where he was at his best.