2024 Playoff ticket availability

fansince1988

13 hours ago, KojiSplit said:

As expected, just like last year waiting it out is the way to go. (Unless you’re season ticket holder) Those $111 upper deck tix are now going for $77.

Anywhere in the upper deck now looks to be $77 including upper box seats. That’s about 30% less than when tickets were first released to the public.

This makes no sense to me and is disappointing. They got greedy. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

This makes no sense to me and is disappointing. They got greedy. 

I think it's less about them getting greedy and more about the fact that the O's looked lackluster for months, so fans weren't exactly excited about selling out wild card postseason games when it wasn't even a definite that there'd be home games. And now that there are home games, they're really early (right after school, before work is done for most folks) and the weather isn't ideal. 

Those playoff ticket prices are respectable, tbh. 

Edited by LookitsPuck

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I think it's less about them getting greedy and more about the fact that the O's looked lackluster for months, so fans weren't exactly excited about selling out wild card postseason games when it wasn't even a definite that there'd be home games. And now that there are home games, they're really early (right after school, before work is done for most folks) and the weather isn't ideal. 

Those playoff ticket prices are respectable, tbh. 

I get your point but their prices are higher than bigger market clubs for comparable seats. Reducing them tells you they didn’t predict the market well. I just wonder if they were $77 all along how much more they would have sold. 

No question the poor play down the stretch and weekday games hurt big time. Not an easy time to sell to somewhat last minute. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I get your point but their prices are higher than bigger market clubs for comparable seats. Reducing them tells you they didn’t predict the market well. I just wonder if they were $77 all along how much more they would have sold. 

No question the poor play down the stretch and weekday games hurt big time. Not an easy time to sell to somewhat last minute. 

Go back a few weeks and look how many posters on here were saying that even if the Orioles did make hte playoffs, they were a lock to go winless and make a quick exit.

Certinaly not a majority, but if say 5% of the posters here believe that, then I'm sure at least 5%, probably more, of the general public fan base does.   Those folks aren't going to spend money to watch what they believe are guaranteed losses.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Go back a few weeks and look how many posters on here were saying that even if the Orioles did make hte playoffs, they were a lock to go winless and make a quick exit.

Certinaly not a majority, but if say 5% of the posters here believe that, then I'm sure at least 5%, probably more, of the general public fan base does.   Those folks aren't going to spend money to watch what they believe are guaranteed losses.

Vibes were very negative off the forum. The airwaves, parents that I talked to at dropoff/pickup, hell...even *kids* were aware of how bad they were. The number of times my son woke up and saw that the O's lost and told me, "The O's suck, dad".

Nobody wants to pay to see a mediocre team. These tickets would have sold like hotcakes if the season was flipped, tbh. 

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Sure. I’m just saying I don’t think they handled the pricing well that’s all. I have season plan so I’m fine. 

Everyone was understandably frustrated. 

5 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Vibes were very negative off the forum. The airwaves, parents that I talked to at dropoff/pickup, hell...even *kids* were aware of how bad they were. The number of times my son woke up and saw that the O's lost and told me, "The O's suck, dad".

Nobody wants to pay to see a mediocre team. These tickets would have sold like hotcakes if the season was flipped, tbh. 

Yeah, I also don’t think they could put them on sale as early as they wanted or promote them as much because of the fear of not being able to host the WC round. I hate that people have already become so pessimistic with a 90+ win team though.