Co-hitting coach Ryan Fuller, Fredi Gonzalez and Jose Hernandez let go

Tony-OH

Just now, SteveA said:

Well, they went with a 2 headed hitting coach approach, and BOTH guys had no experience whatsoever working with major league hitters.

My guess is that if they continue with the 2-man concept, they will bring in a guy who HAS coached major leaguers in the past.   Then you might have a pair whose skillset complements each other at least a little bit.

Or just bring in one great hitting coach and get rid of the other half of the siamese twin.  

The 2 man concept is fine if one of them has a tired arm from throwing too much batting practice.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Getting rid of one half of the siamese twin hitting coach is odd, but whatever.  

I don't get letting Fredi go.  Not that I was a huge fan of his or anything but he seems well respected throughout baseball.  

Fredi has a catcher's background. Maybe there was a disagreement with coaching there. Totally speculating. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Well, they went with a 2 headed hitting coach approach, and BOTH guys had no experience whatsoever working with major league hitters.

My guess is that if they continue with the 2-man concept, they will bring in a guy who HAS coached major leaguers in the past.   Then you might have a pair whose skillset complements each other at least a little bit.

I had this exact conversation with someone. This makes a lot of sense if they plan to do this again. They need one of the hitting coaches who has been through the fire of the big leagues.

Britton would surprise me. Again, I don’t really care about the bench coach but I don’t think you usually see a bench coach with no ML experience.

I think the new hire is going to be more experienced than Gonzalez and perhaps more experience at winning in the playoffs.