RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

Right now the 2025 OF has three LHH OF in Cowser, Mullins, and Kjerstad. I’m not sure what the bench makeup of this team will be, but it looks like we’ll need 1-2 RHH options. 

We could bring Slater back on a small “Tony Kemp” like 1 year deal or a milb deal. 

With Santander leaving, and Mateo back to being in the CF mix once healthy, do we go with a more COF RHH type?

Trades are a possibility as well, but here is a list of upcoming RHH OF Free Agents,

IMG_6141.jpeg

Edited by sportsfan8703

Let  Westy  play 3B vs right handed pitching and LF vs left-handed pitching.    Urias can play 3B vs lefties.   This is only needed if Cowser can't hit lefties.

Mateo and Westy can be platoon players in the outfield IMO.

Edited by wildcard

6 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

O'Neill and Bader are the guys that would interest me as a CF/OPACY LF capable platoon partner for Mullins.

Bader is probably more realistic though since O'Neill should easily be able to find an everyday gig somewhere.

Just because Bader and Slater rhyme makes this an intriguing plan unto itself.....

Mullins/Bader in CF has some appeal to give Cedric some rest and not lose much on defense.

Slater can sub for Silent J if a tough LH is on the mound.

A late innings defense OF of Cowser, Mullins and Bader seems very interesting as well.

21 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Just because Bader and Slater rhyme makes this an intriguing plan unto itself.....

Mullins/Bader in CF has some appeal to give Cedric some rest and not lose much on defense.

Slater can sub for Silent J if a tough LH is on the mound.

A late innings defense OF of Cowser, Mullins and Bader seems very interesting as well.

I don't think you bring Slater back if you add Bader (unless Austin's willing to take a MiLB deal and start the year at Norfolk) because then you have to get rid of either Urias or Mateo, and that doesn't seem wise with how thinned out the IF depth is now and Holliday still trying to get his feet under him.

Just now, MarCakes21 said:

I'm one for Tommy Pham, even though I'll take heat for it.  I think the veteran aspect of it could be key.

O'Neil would be great, but he also brings more of what we have in the Ks and HRs department

Whoever we add needs to be able to play a solid CF or LF at OPACY and Pham definitely does not fit that bill.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

O'Neil seems like a perfect fit if he doesn't cost too much in years or dollars. 

Here we go again worrying about every cent and dollar even though Burned and Santander are coming off the books. I swear I think only Orioles fans concerned themselves so much with payroll. 

1 minute ago, Baseball fandom said:

Here we go again worrying about every cent and dollar even though Burned and Santander are coming off the books. I swear I think only Orioles fans concerned themselves so much with payroll. 

Because responsibly managing payroll is actually kind of important if you are not a major market team with bottomless pockets like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Mets.

Just now, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Because responsibly managing payroll is actually kind of important if you are not a major market team with bottomless pockets like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Mets.

Who says they have to be the Dodgers or Yankees. You guys who don't want them to spend act like they are already in the top half of spending where they are simply around what 25th or do and they are about to lose two of their better players. But that's ok probably no championships but we can claim major profits for owners as our reward. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

There’s responsibly managing payroll and then there’s the Orioles. 

Thank you Moose. I will never  argue that they should spend stupidity like Ubaldo, Davis etc etc but they can do a lot better. They are going to lose two of their better players and it's a young team that isn't making a lot of money right now. If not now then when?