4/29 Halos @ O's

Saintbird

If you take Izturis out of the equation, we're 7 for 15 in stolen bases. These guys need the red light.

How convenient. I love it when the point is "when you take this guy out of the equation..." OUr baserunning will even out. We've made mistakes and had some bad luck... but if you're going to make an overall statement of our ineptness- don't take out one bright spot to accentuate the ineptness.

If it was Roberts in a typical year for him in SB success rate- then maybe.. but come on...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freel came in in the late innings early in the season IIRC.

And btw, Montanez has looked pretty uneasy in LF since he went in. It must be really windy the way he has struggled.

Well done by Montanez to cut that ball of and keep the runner from moving to third. Looked good on that play.

I am following the Pirates-Brewers game because I have Gallardo on my fantasy team and he just broke a 0-0 tie in the bottom of the seventh with a home run. Gallardo is a great hitter and it makes me wonder how many times in history a team has won 1-0 with the only run scored on a homer by the pitcher.

How convenient. I love it when the point is "when you take this guy out of the equation..." OUr baserunning will even out. We've made mistakes and had some bad luck... but if you're going to make an overall statement of our ineptness- don't take out one bright spot to accentuate the ineptness.

Because individuals steal bases. It is a skill.

I am following the Pirates-Brewers game because I have Gallardo on my fantasy team and he just broke a 0-0 tie in the bottom of the seventh with a home run. Gallardo is a great hitter and it makes me wonder how many times in history a team has won 1-0 with the only run scored on a homer by the pitcher.

Same with me *Fistbump* unfortunately in m league they don't count hits for pitchers.

Is a Derek Jeter play when you make something look 20x harder than it actually was?

Please tell me it is. That's the running joke with my brothers.

It was just one of those backhands then a jumping throw.

Yeah, mine doesn't either, still nice to see him put himself in position for the win.

Definitely, c'mon Wiggi!

Archived