Top 2010 prospects

haha yeah if he was eligible for 2010, we actually have a pretty good shot at getting him. Unless the Nats keep sucking.....But for next year I am hoping for Matt Harvey-Though he seemed to get rouched up a bit earlier in the year

My lord, he has a bb/9 at 6.9!!!

A lot of the big names in the '10 class haven't been impressive this year.

A lot of the big names in the '10 class haven't been impressive this year.

I hear ya on that. Kentrail Davis is having a pretty bad year. If he stays in college he may have a bounce back year.....I wouldnt mind him this year in the 2nd if he fell that far due to poor performance......

I hear ya on that. Kentrail Davis is having a pretty bad year. If he stays in college he may have a bounce back year.....I wouldnt mind him this year in the 2nd if he fell that far due to poor performance......

Never a big Davis fan (from a draft standpoint). I don't see the long-term power in his bat for a corner spot, and his arm limits him to LF. Not sure what ceiling you'd be shooting for? I think either a team overpays for the risk or he heads back to Tennessee.

Well tell me whats the big deal about him. Before the season he had pretty big hype about him, and has disappointed since then. I thought he was supposed to be something of an Xavier Avery but with more hype. It seems with Davis that he is going to be a bit of a project, you are going to take the same risk with him as you are with a HS hitter, he needs more development than most other college hitters but since he is older than HS hitters by 3 years, he has less time to develop.

Well tell me whats the big deal about him. Before the season he had pretty big hype about him, and has disappointed since then. I thought he was supposed to be something of an Xavier Avery but with more hype. It seems with Davis that he is going to be a bit of a project, you are going to take the same risk with him as you are with a HS hitter, he needs more development than most other college hitters but since he is older than HS hitters by 3 years, he has less time to develop.

No, I don't agree with that. Davis isn't "raw" or a "project". He has plus bat speed and (as of last year and this summer) a solid approach w/good hand/eye coordination. My issue with him pre-season was 1) his frame (5'9"ish around 195/200) and his arm (I don't think it plays in centerfield, where he'd be most valuable). I just don't see the power playing in the corner (though he's very strong, I don't know the bat speed itself carries him to where he needs to by in LF), and though he has the range I don't think he has the arm for center (I feel less strongly about this, but it's a big enough worry to drop him on my board).

In-season, I think he's just been pressing a bit -- trying to live up to Top 10 hype. I've seen him three times, and he's just not commanding the strike zone like he did last year. I think he'll still be a good payer, but not top of the draft board at this point.

Archived