5/14 - O's at Royals: Reimold's Debut

J.D.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TyCobb, JTrea, Dipper, and OldFan are not most. They are just vocal.

They weren't the only ones ready to give up on Pie. And, let me just state, Pie has been great in May so far, but all that means is that he has been great in May so far! He still might not make it, we can't tell, so this is in no way an I-told-you-so or anything else like that... just a reminder that even some pretty respected, level-headed people had doubts. :)

I’m going to say it, and although it might not be the popular opinion, the Pie experiment needs to end. I’m not just saying that as a fan who doesn’t like seeing a guy be an absolute zero at the plate and an adventure in the field, I’m saying that as a guy who has scouted hundreds of minor league players over the last 14 years. To me, Pie’s swing is too long and has too much upper cut for a guy with his skills and honestly, if he hasn’t been able to make the adjustment by now, I’m not sure he’s going to."

Honestly, even if we lost him, so what? What did we lose at this point? I personally think he'll clear waivers because it's pretty clear he's not ready for the big leagues right now.

I would think Pie would be claimed, but personally I don't care if he were to be. Some team would take him as a 5th OF.

Archived