Stat help!

BeerIsFood

Hey guys. Sorry I am not quite sure where to put this question, so I'm going to put it in this section.

Does anyone know a place on the internet where Quality Starts and IP/GS as statistics are kept?

I tried Baseball Reference and The Baseball Cube, but I did not see them and am not quite sure where else to go...

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: Also, I was looking for MLB and MiLB statistics.

Fangraphs and THT don't have it either.

ESPN has QS and QS%. It doesn't have IP/GS, but you can pretty much figure that out with a excel yourself.

I hate to expose my idiocy...but...how would one go about figuring that out. I know it's probably painfully simple...SORRY!

I hate to expose my idiocy...but...how would one go about figuring that out. I know it's probably painfully simple...SORRY!

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=all&qual=y&type=0&season=2009&month=0

You will see a "Export to Excel" over the IBB HBP categories. Click it and it will download the stats in an excel file.

In the Excel file go to the right for a blank column (column X)

Label Column X in the 1st row with IP/GS

Type in Row 2 Column X ....=L2/G2"

In the lower right hand corner of that cell, left click and hold, and drag down to the bottom.

Or you could just take a calculator, punch in the number of IP, then hit the division sign, then punch in the number of GS, and hit the equal sign.

Of course, all of this assumes that all IP have been in GS. If some IP were in relief, then you gotta remove those IP somehow.

Depends on whether your more comfortable with a calculator or a spreadsheet, and on whether you wanna do it for just 1 or 2 guys, vs. set up something that tracks it for lots of guys...

Or you could just take a calculator, punch in the number of IP, then hit the division sign, then punch in the number of GS, and hit the equal sign.

Of course, all of this assumes that all IP have been in GS. If some IP were in relief, then you gotta remove those IP somehow.

Depends on whether your more comfortable with a calculator or a spreadsheet, and on whether you wanna do it for just 1 or 2 guys, vs. set up something that tracks it for lots of guys...

I assumed he wanted to be able to see the best in the league. I also didn't even tell him to remove innings because the pitchers in that list should all be starters with no BP appearances.

Archived