5-24 Sunday Game 3 O's vs Nats

SimplyZ

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why bring up Castillo and not Perez?

I'm not against bringing up Perez, but Castillo has been pitching well against lefties and is in AAA while Perez has been dominating AA. Perez also only pitched in back to back games once this year and that's been his MO that he cannot pitch in successive days. Guess I'd like to see him work as a LOOGY in Norfolk first before putting him in that role in the big leagues.

I'm going to disagree with you about Ray not looking bad. You've been in his corner all year, and that's commendable, but Ray has not looked good just about all year. The movement is not what it was and his location continues to be poor. He's basically throwing the ball right down the middle of the plate and has been all year. The numbers don't lie, he's terrible right now.

He needs to find himself down in the minors.

You're right about him throwing the ball right down the heart of the plate, thats true. But I'd like to think that's something that can be corrected with Kranny. I think sending him down would crush whatever confidence he has left. I still think he can/should be an integral part of our bullpen. Maybe just needs to bring the Manson back...

I agree he needs to go down. His command is way too inconsistent. He looked the worse I've ever seen him against the Yanks the other night.

I just thought his fastball had better movement today and that both of those balls could have just as easily been outs. However, the sequences to both batters are disturbing. If he is giving that good of a pitch on 0-2 then he obviously has no idea where the ball is going.

And this really has been his problem all year. He'll flash some of his old self with good movement on the fastball, but he just misses way too much in the middle of the plate and he can't afford that at 93 MPH. Add in the fact that he seems scared to throw his splitter (probably because of the elbow), and he doesn't look like he's ready to be in the big leagues.

You're right about him throwing the ball right down the heart of the plate, thats true. But I'd like to think that's something that can be corrected with Kranny. I think sending him down would crush whatever confidence he has left. I still think he can/should be an integral part of our bullpen. Maybe just needs to bring the Manson back...

I'll disagree. One of the reasons the Orioles liked Ray as a closer is because of his confidence and personality. Getting hammered in the big leagues is doing nothing for him and I don't buy the argument of working with Kranitz is worth watching him get torched.

Let him find himself in AAA and then when he's back he can contribute. I still think he can be part of a major league bullpen one day. Just not now...

I'll disagree. One of the reasons the Orioles liked Ray as a closer is because of his confidence and personality. Getting hammered in the big leagues is doing nothing for him and I don't buy the argument of working with Kranitz is worth watching him get torched.

Let him find himself in AAA and then when he's back he can contribute. I still think he can be part of a major league bullpen one day. Just not now...

Fair enough, heres hoping he can regain his 2007 form. I just hope whoever comes up isn't a blatant liability like Walker is.

Sundays, day games, last games of series, whatever, this is a gross game to lose. 5 runs should have been plenty today, please no more Walker.

Archived