Live Mock Draft... Monday at 8:30pm

I know he is by no means the authority on the draft, and I've seen you disagree with him on here many times, but have you heard anything that Keith Law seems to have heard, would lead you to believe Crow may drop?

I wouldn't think so, but is that something you consider, that he may not even go Top 10?

This draft is quite unpredictable... nothing would really surprise regarding Crow, but in my view he will sign.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1:4 Pittsburgh Pirates... Tyler Matzek, LHP, Capistrano Valley HS, Mission Viejo, Cal.

The pick was between Crow and Matzek. Whichever was available was the choice. In his last two HS starts he has reached 97 and 98 MPH on the radar guns. He is very polished for a high school pitcher and draws comparisons to our very own Brian Matusz.

There was some discussion amongst the Pirate war room to take Donovan Tate, but Matzek's talent won out.

Gap power in that ballpark may play well to that team. Does Ackley remind people of Darren Erstad?

Some people make that Erstad claim, which I am sure the Pads hope he isn't. IIRC, Erstad had 2 good years. Never have I seen a punter mystique before him.

1:4 Pittsburgh Pirates... Tyler Matzek, LHP, Capistrano Valley HS, Mission Viejo, Cal.

The pick was between Crow and Matzek. Whichever was available was the choice. In his last two HS starts he has reached 97 and 98 MPH on the radar guns. He is very polished for a high school pitcher and draws comparisons to our very own Brian Matusz.

There was some discussion amongst the Pirate war room to take Donovan Tate, but Matzek's talent won out.

Very interesting. Matzek certainly has a live arm and a good deal of polish for a HS pitcher. I think Pitt lacks upper level pitching prospects in their system, so Crow would have been ideal here if he had not been taken.

:down:

now matzek cant be taken by the orioles!! :D

Very interesting. Matzek certainly has a live arm and a good deal of polish for a HS pitcher. I think Pitt lacks upper level pitching prospects in their system, so Crow would have been ideal here if he had not been taken.

I think it was Crow and then Matzek for them. Matzek has really shot up most teams boards of late. I believe they would have taken Crow over Matzek, but I believe long term they may have gotten the better player.

Archived