Live Mock Draft... Monday at 8:30pm

K/BB ratio was iffy for the collegiate level, IMO.

I've heard a lot of conflicting reviews about his defense as well, though I know he has his backers around here.

Green also made 18 errors this season which to me seems like an awful lot.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1:7 Atlanta selects Zach Wheeler, RHSP, Dallas, GA

Wheeler has two potential plus pitches in his fastball and curveball. He is currently working on his change. When it is all said and done he may be the best HS pitcher from this draft. Oh, and Atlanta loves the local guys.

I'd make the same choice here. Wheeler is a very good talent.

Yeah, this was an easy pick for Atlanta. It will be interesting to see what they do if Tate and Wheeler are on the board.

No offense, Stotle, but I'm glad you aren't running the draft for the O's.

White would be the worst possible pick besides Gibson. We'd be kicking ourselves for that pick for awhile with the other talent available.

But that's your call...

None taken. To be clear, I'm picking who I think BAL would pick. I'm split between the two (White/Wheeler). Tomorrow I may go either way in our shadow draft if both are available.

As an aside, I think when you type, you should consider your tone -- not to be soft-skinned, but I think it's a little abrasive here and close to calling me stupid. Up until now have you seen me mention that for a chunk of the season you were advocating drafting Rich Poythress in the top 10? I'm just asking for a hint less venom in the tone, but I understand you are just passionate and I'm sure you mean it when you say "no offense".

None taken. To be clear, I'm picking who I think BAL would pick. I'm split between the two (White/Wheeler). Tomorrow I may go either way in our shadow draft if both are available.

I think when you type, you should consider your tone -- not to be soft-skinned, but I think it's a little abrasive here and close to calling be stupid. Up until now have you seen me mention that for a chunk of the season you were advocating drafting Rich Poythress in the top 10? I'm just asking for a hint less venom in the tone, but I understand you are just passionate and I'm sure you mean it when you say "no offense".

No harm intended, just a little bit of the passion showing through. I appreciate your insight.

Man, I must of angered the Mock gods around here. I got 3 picks in the mock we did last week, and now a snub from Greg. :D

I'm curious to see how far Gibson falls. He's going to be like Scheppers last year.

I thought about that, Stotle gave you a shout out in the other thread though, we've missed you this season.

So if we take Wheeler, the consensus is that Atlanta will take White?

Is that fair to say, Craw?

I'm no expert like these guys, but all the rumors have ATL into White if Wheeler isn't there.

I fully expect them to take White at 7 after we take Wheeler at 5. SF at 6 should be interesting. I think they will be willing to spend on Tate, but I've heard they may like Green there too.

As an aside, I think when you type, you should consider your tone -- not to be soft-skinned, but I think it's a little abrasive here and close to calling me stupid. Up until now have you seen me mention that for a chunk of the season you were advocating drafting Rich Poythress in the top 10? I'm just asking for a hint less venom in the tone, but I understand you are just passionate and I'm sure you mean it when you say "no offense".

He'd be the one kicking the Orioles, they wouldn't be kicking themselves.

Admit it, kid. You're a kicker.

I'm no expert like these guys, but all the rumors have ATL into White if Wheeler isn't there.

I fully expect them to take White at 7 after we take Wheeler at 5. SF at 6 should be interesting. I think they will be willing to spend on Tate, but I've heard they may like Green there too.

Right with White and Wheeler. I have not heard them attached with Green. I've heard SD, Balt, Det, Oak, and StL attached to Green.

Archived