Do you agree with Jordan picking Hobgood at #5?

Do you agree with Jordan picking Hobgood at #5?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Jordan picking Hobgood at #5?

• Yes, in Jordan we trust
    • No, what is Jordan smoking?

Exactly. Honestly if Jordan see's something in this kid that makes him want to pick him at 5, then I'm fine.

For all I know Strassburg could blow out his arm and Hobgood could become the next Beckett. Neither of them have thrown a professional pitch yet, I'll reserve my judgment until I actually see some results. That's not really to say I would make this pick, I would prefer Matzek, but its nothing to go nuts about.

Also, I can't believe we're having a Trea draft freak out about our pick before the draft has even started. If you're going this crazy over Hobgood "maybe" being the pick, then I can't wait until to see what you say if we actually pick him.

Actually, I really hope we do now.

Exactly. If Wheeler is willing to sign for slot then obviously this is a preference pick. They see somthing in this kid that they really like and that is why I am fine with it.

He got slammed for Avery and Hoes and so far those picks look pretty good (I know its early). The man has a lot on the line with this pick. so I am guessing he put a lot of research into his decision.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem that there are better options than Hobgood, and I have to say I'd be somewhat disappointed if we picked him over Matzek or Wheeler.

Then again, there's a reason Joe Jordan has this job and I don't.

I'm still hoping against hope that we pick Matzek. Wheeler still seems like a real possibility to me though.

I get the feeling that all of the pre-draft contract discussions are seriously screwing up the draft order. I bet several of these top guys now have deals in place that the O's simply aren't willing to match.

Speculating...

I just want to clarify my point a bit. Do I agree with the pick if it is Hobgood? No. But that doesn't mean the rest of the draft is all for naught.

Also I refuse to let some 18 year old from California ruin my day. I think certain members of this board should take a step back from the O's every once and a while.

You a hockey fan JT?

I would be disappointed if its Hobgood. Feel like he would definitely be an over-draft at that point.

If he coincides with us spending a whole ton of money in later rounds and in the International Signing period, then its more palatable.

I have an idea - why don't we wait and see who the Orioles actually pick, instead of freaking out about some rumor from Jonathan Mayo, who may or may not have any clue what he's talking about.

And if Jordan does pick this guy, let's hear what he says about why.

I have an idea - why don't we wait and see who the Orioles actually pick, instead of freaking out about some rumor from Jonathan Mayo, who may or may not have any clue what he's talking about.

Now what's the fun in that? That would be a completely rational response but remember who we are dealing with here.

How about we actually wait for the actual selection before you go off the deep end?
Oh, I wasn't aware the draft had already happened.

I share the above sentiments as well.

JTrea, after going back and reviewing the thread where this began, YOU were the only one really losing his mind. There were others that didnt' seem pleased, but you are the one adding fuel to this fire. Why don't we just sit back, wait a half hour, and find out. If it's Hobgood, I'm sure there is a reason. You haven't been out scouting any of these players. Until proven wrong, in Jordan/McPhail I trust.

Archived