Louisville 6-1 (12-1)

West Virginia 6-1 (12-1)

Rutgers 5-2 (11-2)

Cincinnati 4-3 (8-5)

South Florida 3-4 (8-5)

Pittsburgh 2-5 (6-6)

Connecticut 1-6 (4-8)

Syracuse 1-6 (4-8)

According to this' date=' Louisville still wins the title under that scenario because they won the head-to-head with WV. But this is splitting hairs. I see what your main point is and I still have to disagree........even if the Big East had two 1-loss teams last year, I still think that they would not have received an at-large BCS bid over the other teams that got in, namely LSU and ND even though they each had 2 losses.[/quote']

Well you may be right about who would get the auto bid, but the point remains that according to the rules of the BCS...WVU or Louisville still would have been ranked in the top 12. That would be high enough to get an at large bid.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you may be right about who would get the auto bid, but the point remains that according to the rules of the BCS...WVU or Louisville still would have been ranked in the top 12. That would be high enough to get an at large bid.

That would have been high enough for them to be eligible, but that doesn't mean they would have been automatically in. Notre Dame would have been bumped down to #12, but still eligible and they would have gotten the nod over the Big East's #2 becuase they pretty much guarantee high TV ratings. Not that I approve, mind you. I think LSU vs WV would have been an interesting game. I hate Notre Dame and what they stand for, and I'm sick of seeing them selected to play in bowl games that they don't deserve to be in just becuase of $$$. They end up being overmatched against an opponent that actually deserves to be there, and end up getting shellacked year in and year out while a more deserving team plays in a lesser bowl. Unfortunately, college football stopped being about the caliber of play on the field and became all about money years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Going to have to wait a little longer to join the elite.;)

Doesn't a team have to be elite to turn the ball over 6 times, lose a Heisman candidate have another Heisman candidate forget to show up and still have a chance to tie at the end against one of this countries best 18 programs? ;)

Archived