6/20 O's at Philadelphia

SimplyZ

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roll around laughing all you like on a message board. When you go to bed and think about the mans accomplishments in life compared to your own, your pillow can soak up the tears.:rolleyes:

A little bit of an assumption here.....some posters here might just be very successful. :)

I'm not going to give you my resume, and I'm not going to try to criticize Trembley's life (like I said, he's a nice guy). I'm just saying that he's not sharp enough to manage on the fly. And I'll take my accomplishments (by a lot) over his, not that it matters.

I'm sure you would. :rolleyes: The anonymity of the internet makes for great comedy. I couldn't care less about your resume. I will tell you emphatically that you are not among the top 30 people in the world in your chosen field. Show some humility, you are sitting here posting on a message board, he is managing the Baltimore Orioles, after managing professionally for 30 years. He's forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Exciting night.     His arm could still explode on his next pitch like anybody, but the scenario feels very Dodgers. The rosiest scenario is Bradish and Grayson spend the rest of their Orioles pitching careers like Glasnow or Yamamoto, or Ohtani starting next year. He was a hand-me-down from Duquette, but he's the one getting to have the career so far that Sigbot envisioned for Brady Aiken or Forrest Whitley.     Watching management manage and the player want to be unshackled figures to be fine entertainment. I guess an arbitrator wouldn't give money for regular season stats you were forecasted to have but didn't have because your talent was being rationed.    I'm fuzzy if postseason stats get to count in arbitration.
    • Is there a backpedalling option to DFA where you can pull the guy back and put him back on your 40 man?
    • I agree with your characterization.  See my earlier post before all the expert analysis of Holliday’s weightlifting exploits.  I’m just making a general observation that Cal needs to be more careful now.  This comment doesn’t particularly concern me.  
    • That’s fine. I’m just saying, Mullins doesn’t have a track record of being a star at the plate and he did not look as good visually over the first 3 week as the OPS stated.
    • But he's expressing his opinion in hindsight and not questioning the actual move to bring him up.   He not saying he wouldn't have brought him up.  He's saying that since he struggled so much MAYBE he needed more AAA time.  Maybe he was affected by the hoopla.   He was questioned on why Holliday struggled.   He gave the same guesses the rest of the world is giving, including Elias.    His answer equates to "I don't really know but it could be this".   It's not even close to "At the time, I thought they called him up too soon".
    • He’s under the ball, and pulling everything.  It’s either strikeouts, pop outs, or grounders to the right side.  I agree it’s very tough to watch.  I still say he he’ll get at least another 4-6 weeks to snap out of it before the O’s make any significant change to his role.  
    • My hope is that someone will be anxious to have him and will trade us something in order to jump the line.  
  • Popular Contributors