Hobgood gets a standing ovation at today's game!

My mom just sent me this link to today's presentation of Matt to the Orioles' fans. It made me so very happy and proud.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-schmuck627,0,409380.column

Thank you O's fans. Thanks for bringing him in with such class and well wishes. Even though he's yet to throw his first pitch for the club, your welcoming means so much to our family and especially to his mom. She's worked like crazy getting him to game after game and making sure that he stayed on the straight and narrow. Now she can let him go with confidence that he's got not only great coaches to watch after him but a a great fan base that's there to support him too.

You guys rock!:clap:

I tried to get the game out here in San Diego but to no avail. It sounds like it was a very special moment for Matt and his family. I love Jim Palmer's tongue and cheek comment about Matt having the wrong agent. It's true what my sister said that Matt always said he'd pay just to play in the major leagues.

Thanks again!

Matt's Uncle

My mom just sent me this link to today's presentation of Matt to the Orioles' fans. It made me so very happy and proud.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-schmuck627' date='0,409380.column[/url']

Thank you O's fans. Thanks for bringing him in with such class and well wishes. Even though he's yet to throw his first pitch for the club, your welcoming means so much to our family and especially to his mom. She's worked like crazy getting him to game after game and making sure that he stayed on the straight and narrow. Now she can let him go with confidence that he's got not only great coaches to watch after him but a a great fan base that's there to support him too.

You guys rock!:clap:

I tried to get the game out here in San Diego but to no avail. It sounds like it was a very special moment for Matt and his family. I love Jim Palmer's tongue and cheek comment about Matt having the wrong agent. It's true what my sister said that Matt always said he'd pay just to play in the major leagues.

Thanks again!

Matt's Uncle

I was wondering when we'd hear from you again. :)

I gotta say... I was not all that happy with the pick originally... but after watching videos... reading articles... and seeing his attitude, I think I'm falling in love with the kid. He's got an excellent head on his shoulders and seems like a genuinely good guy. Someone you really want to root for.

So now, I'm glad the O's picked this kid and I hope he's with us for a very long time. Good luck to Matt! If he keeps this up, he may become one of my favorite players. :D

I love that he's still wearing braces. He came across as an honest kid who's genuinely happy to be playing baseball for a living (and, oh yeah, getting a couple million bucks for his trouble - apparently that's not enough for some guys).

He's clearly got a ton of talent, and he's an easy kid to root for. I look forward to watching his progress.

Archived