Bergy's first half

Frobby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boddicker had a much better curve ball but Bergeson had reminded me of Boddicker since I first saw him in the spring. That wouldn't be the worst of things to happen to Bergy's career.:scratchchinhmm:

I prefer to think of him as Maddux "lite".

His innings pitched is a double-edged sword. It has been a very welcome relief but it's something that also needs to be monitored. Between Norfolk and Baltimore, he's at 115.1 and last season was his minor league high at 165. Come September, we may need to space out his starts a bit more.

I've heard many mentions, on here and online, of the possibility of an O's 6 man rotation come SEP. I think AM is smart enough to protect this diamond in the rough. ;)

Not I, but bluedog thinks he's the second coming of Roy Halladay and according to himself has been singing Bergesen's praises for a long time. I can't verify but I will trust anyway.

:o I'll bet you, last December I had barely heard of Bergeson.

His innings pitched is a double-edged sword. It has been a very welcome relief but it's something that also needs to be monitored. Between Norfolk and Baltimore, he's at 115.1 and last season was his minor league high at 165. Come September, we may need to space out his starts a bit more.
Come Sept we'll be going with at least a 6 man rotation.

Not I, but bluedog thinks he's the second coming of Roy Halladay and according to himself has been singing Bergesen's praises for a long time. I can't verify but I will trust anyway.

Here's the thread where I first proposed that Bergesen was similar to Roy Halladay.

Strangely enough its another Frobby thread and its dated 12-11-2008, which was way before spring training.

Also notice that wildcard picks Bergesen as the most underrated prospect in our system and Frobby gives him some props as well.

Given how good he was at Bowie last season and that he was the organizational pitcher of the year, I'm really surprised that so many people are shocked by what Brad is doing.

I'd love for Brad to keep up his current pace through the second half, but I'll settle for 15 wins and a 3.50 ERA. :)

Ya gotta love this kid! There are a lot of Yankees and Boston coming his way the second half. The stuff of pitching nightmares. He'll still be our best chance to win against them. It's probably going to chill his stats a bit.

I've certainly been pleasantly surprised by what he's done so far. But I'll withold getting too excited until Boston, New York and TB get several looks at him. All of our young pitchers will largely need to be judged by how well they fare against the big boys of the East.

Here's the thread where I first proposed that Bergesen was similar to Roy Halladay.

And here's the relevant part of the quote:

His numbers compare favorably to Roy Halladay's minor league numbers. I'm very hopeful he can be as successful at Norfolk this season as he was at Bowie last year.

I'd say Bergesen has done a little better than you hoped. I'm very, very pleasantly surprised that he has come so far so fast. Now he will need to prove he can continue doing it as the innings pile up and teams start seeing him multiple times. It won't be easy.

Archived