Do you miss the inside info?

NewMarketSean

I found that 100% of the time the 'inside' information never perpetuated to anything and was just an embellishment of what Roch posted on his blog at the Sun. For instance the Tejada trade was completely out of no where (where were the insiders on that one), and didn't we hear about the Bedard trade from the USS Mariner from someone who worked at the airport?

I'm glad we don't have 'inside' posters any longer. They were useless and just got everyone's panties in a twist.

This statement is pure BS :angryfire:

As I recall BigBird was right on a number of times.

Sonny who rarely chimed in, was often pretty accurate when he had something to say.

Belkast was a good source of info as well

&

Peace was wrong sometimes ...but never close to 100% off. **** I will also note that he stopped providing info because of post like yours*****.

The reality to any insider information is that things change fast. Deals happen or change due to involvement from other teams.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tex was going to get introduced at the Ravens game but all we kept seeing was Michael Phelps and everybody said "I think that's Tex behind Michael Phelps!" but it was just some dude. Yeah...

hahaha!! We were ravenous dogs... We didn't want to believe what our own eyes were telling us.

-Cue the oldfan hawk eye pic-

They weren't, or i mean, hardly ever right, but it sure made things a lot more interesting around here.

I think this is the problem with how that board in general views inside information. (BTW not singling you out in particular mny have posted basically the same view). People seem to fail to understand that these are very dynamic situations and the sources while being close to the ultimate decision makers, were in fact not the actual decision makers. I do not think that the info was not accurate very often but the things being discussed were not what ultimately happened for what ever reason. In other words the while many like to mock the "FWIW" or "grain of salt" comments now the boards failure to really accept those comments made the inside info a pain in the butt.

I thought the guys we used to call "insiders" sometimes had interesting tidbits. Whether they turned out to be accurate or not is a different matter. I never had any issue with either the insiders or their tidbits. If the things the anticipated never happened, I didn't mind, nor did I think it said anything bad about the insiders. Things happen, things change. None of that was a problem for me.

What I did find annoying was all the dang hate-a-thons that other folks would get into about the insiders. That stuff got very insane in a hurry, with some folks just insisting that there was malfeasance on the part of the insiders. That happened a lot. I'm really, really glad that we don't have that crap anymore.

Tex was going to get introduced at the Ravens game but all we kept seeing was Michael Phelps and everybody said "I think that's Tex behind Michael Phelps!" but it was just some dude. Yeah...

This is the kinds of statements about the information that's just ludicrous and a big part of why we just don't let things get this way any more. People twist the information around into something it was not.

Roy never once said Tex was going to be introduced at the ravens game but that certainly didn't stop you from making a ridiculous statement about it like it was gospel.

I would really miss the insider info from our true insiders in the Ravens forum, however. Apart from being very knowledgeable posters, their information is very reliable.

Seriously. Better than some of the hardcore Ravens boards.

I don't remember that. I thought that PA and Teix were supposed to meet there, maybe...but he wasn't going to be "introduced".

I miss the "info". I think if you knew how to handle it, it stimulated good discussion whether it came to fruition or not.

No. Don't miss it. I don't think I got one thing out of it.

I would really miss the insider info from our true insiders in the Ravens forum, however. Apart from being very knowledgeable posters, their information is very reliable.

This is a great point. We get caught up in the insider drama with the Orioles but sometimes take the great Ravens information for granted.

This is the kinds of statements about the information that's just ludicrous and a big part of why we just don't let things get this way any more. People twist the information around into something it was not.

Roy never once said Tex was going to be introduced at the ravens game but that certainly didn't stop you from making a ridiculous statement about it like it was gospel.

I miss the insider info as my analytical nature teaches me that all information is good. It is a shame that interpretation (rather, misinterpretation) of a few has caused this change but given the near hysterical nature of some of the Tex threads it was a prudent descision.

I definitely miss the excitement that rolled out of some of the inside info. Especially since rare droppings became reality.

But, the emotional drop that came from much of it, was tough to take.

Nonetheless - count me among the group that enjoyed that, if for no other reason, it brought hope to consistently poor environments.

Kinda like the lotto system....

Archived