What An Embarrassment

PrivateO

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was unnecassary.....

How about shell out a $15 ticket ($6 on Student Night, $8 on Tuesdays) in upper reserve, move down to the lower concourse, and bring in a soda and food from the vendors outside the stadium?

Like how I do every Friday.

It sucks going to Yankees games at Camden Yards. I am a loyal O's fan who goes to a couple dozen games a year but at this point in the O's development I would rather see Matusz and Tillman pitch against the Indians than Guthrie or Berken pitch against the Yankees in a sea of pinstripes. It isn't the money, I just don't like being surrounded by Yankees fans. Five years ago I could tolerate it and maybe if Tillman or Matusz were pitching this series I would go but it really isn't worth the aggravation. If it was at least 50 percent O's fans I would go but until then, I will just watch on TV with the sound on mute.

The O's season ticket exchange policy actually encourages season ticket holders to not attend Yankees and Red Sox games, allowing you to trade away tickets for those games but not trade for tickets for those games. This seems to exacerbate the problem with fewer die-hards wanting to deal with the hassle.

The best nights to go are when the steroid induced yankee and red sox are there and then give it to there stupid fans who dress there kids up in yankee and red sox gear so that the entire family can cheer on the biggest cheaters in the game.

What a way to teach kids the differance between right and wrong.

The Orioles need to jack up the prices of all prime games to the equivalent of a Yankee/Red Sox ticket at their home stadiums when you factor in travel and hotel etc. It should be more expensive to see a game in Oriole Park for a Yankee fan than to see one in Yankee Stadium. Hit them hard in their wallets and maybe they'll think twice about coming to Baltimore.

And then drop the prices of all the non-prime games for those Orioles fans to make up for the hike. I doubt there are many Orioles fans that just go to Yankees and Red Sox games.

Now that is a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!

The best nights to go are when the steroid induced yankee and red sox are there and then give it to there stupid fans who dress there kids up in yankee and red sox gear so that the entire family can cheer on the biggest cheaters in the game.

What a way to teach kids the differance between right and wrong.

Make sure you ask them which of the less-than 30,000 who saw their team play at Yankee Stadium on average 14 of 15 seasons between 1981 and 1996 they were ;)

Is that anything like a babelfish?

My fault. Just googled it and apparently there are two t's in betta.

It's one of those fish that if you put two males (or any other specis) in the same tank, they'll attack each other. The fighting fish.

Never thought I'd de-rail my own thread with the talk of fish...

The Orioles need to jack up the prices of all prime games to the equivalent of a Yankee/Red Sox ticket at their home stadiums when you factor in travel and hotel etc. It should be more expensive to see a game in Oriole Park for a Yankee fan than to see one in Yankee Stadium. Hit them hard in their wallets and maybe they'll think twice about coming to Baltimore.

And then drop the prices of all the non-prime games for those Orioles fans to make up for the hike. I doubt there are many Orioles fans that just go to Yankees and Red Sox games.

Despite the hype of how it's so much cheaper, I think the two real reasons the fans of those teams show up in the forces that they do has to do with location and availability more than anything else.

I've had plenty of fans from both tell me that not being able to get tickets at all, let alone at reasonable prices, is the major factor.

I think raising the price would help some, but some, if not most, would still see it as a vacation and be willing to pay it in my opinion.

Lower the availability so that they just can't get the tickets, on the other hand, and they simply can't come at all.

Archived