What An Embarrassment

PrivateO

Hey, shocker...this isn't about the O's!

It's about the fans. Yup, Baltimore, what a disappointment. This may be a rant, but it deserves t be seen by most in the main Orioles Talk section.

According to Roch Kubatko, tonight's attendance was 25,063. He joked that there were "063" O's fans. You know what? He was closer than you could guess. As soon as I walked past the corridor and into the seating area, I let out a "Crap. They're everywhere". A sea of navy and white. You know what I'm talking about-- Yankees fans.

It was embarrassing. Try 80% Yanks, 20% O's. That bad. There may have been all of 10 O's fans in my section (totally filled). What I don't get is this city's fans ***** and moan about the Yankees and Red Sox fans coming into town and making it "their South stadium" but we do nothing about it. Hellooo, go to the game! The prices aren't bad....get a couple of friends to go and head down to the Yard. Until you stop being a hermit and refusing to go to Yankees or Sox games, or until the O's are winning, they will still be there. Doing there "Let's Go Yankees" and "Jor-Ge" chants.

And you know what? It's just disappointing. I could see Tillman, Matusz, and Hernandez talking and looking around the stadium. They looked shocked at how few O's fans there were. Barely any orange in the whole place.

Like it or not, they will all be there tomorrow and the game after that. Until we show some fightin' back power.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I should shell out roughly $100 to be surrounded by jerkoffs while watching my perennially losing team play another meaningless game in September?

Screw off.

That was unnecassary.....

How about shell out a $15 ticket ($6 on Student Night, $8 on Tuesdays) in upper reserve, move down to the lower concourse, and bring in a soda and food from the vendors outside the stadium?

Like how I do every Friday.

That was unnecassary.....

How about shell out a $15 ticket ($6 on Student Night, $8 on Tuesdays) in upper reserve, move down to the lower concourse, and bring in a soda and food from the vendors outside the stadium?

Like how I do every Friday.

This. $6 Student Nights are awesome.

PrivateO, we should meet up sometime.

The best thing I could come up with is have a whole bunch of people prepare ahead of time to go, buy out an entire prime section, and then show up all dressed in orange and cheering loudly all night.

That's exactly what one of these Yankees/Red Sox games needs, a whole section of the rowdiest O's fans around to make some noise.

I'm quite content watching the game from my couch while I have other things going on.

I don't see a reason yet to inconvenience myself to sit amongst Yankee fans.

I've had season tickets for 13 years. I let others use them or buy them as in the case of a couple of New Yorkers.

The Orioles need to jack up the prices of all prime games to the equivalent of a Yankee/Red Sox ticket at their home stadiums when you factor in travel and hotel etc. It should be more expensive to see a game in Oriole Park for a Yankee fan than to see one in Yankee Stadium. Hit them hard in their wallets and maybe they'll think twice about coming to Baltimore.

And then drop the prices of all the non-prime games for those Orioles fans to make up for the hike. I doubt there are many Orioles fans that just go to Yankees and Red Sox games.

So I should shell out roughly $100 to be surrounded by jerkoffs while watching my perennially losing team play another meaningless game in September?

Screw off.

You know, I wouldn't normally put it this way before your response to him, but if you are paying that much for any group of less-than five people, you are either an idiot or a congressman.

Between the cheaper tickets in the upper deck and bleachers anyway, all of the discounts and promotions, the fact that you can bring practically any food in that you want...

The Orioles need to jack up the prices of all prime games to the equivalent of a Yankee/Red Sox ticket at their home stadiums when you factor in travel and hotel etc. It should be more expensive to see a game in Oriole Park for a Yankee fan than to see one in Yankee Stadium. Hit them hard in their wallets and maybe they'll think twice about coming to Baltimore.

And then drop the prices of all the non-prime games for those Orioles fans to make up for the hike. I doubt there are many Orioles fans that just go to Yankees and Red Sox games.

I don't know the answer to this, so I'll ask it here. Is it legal to have higher ticket prices for residents in New York or Massachusetts than it is for Maryland residents?

I assume it is, but it could possibly cut down their infestation.

Archived