Knott DFA'd?

Elbren

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is another case of Leo saying "I can wave my magic wand and fix this guy" then he needs to be shown the door. I'm not saying that is what this is, but it's happened in the past.

MAYBE the O's just picked someone up off the scrap heap to eat innings for the rest of the season just so we don't end up killing the few good relief arms we do have. That's the only possible idea I can come up with that makes this look somewhat intelligent. Somewhat.

No this the O's running out of pitchers before the season is over. Olson has a forearm strain. Either Birkins, Burres or Bell has to start. The O's didn't bring up Penn or Johnson or Wright so there need another reliever. Santo is a cheap purchase.

Why Knott? Who knows. It could have been Stern but they still don't want to admit they didn't get anything for Javy.

No this the O's running out of pitchers before the season is over. Olson has a forearm strain. Either Birkins, Burres or Bell has to start. The O's didn't bring up Penn or Johnson or Wright so there need another reliever. Santo is a cheap purchase.

Why Knott? Who knows. It could have been Stern but they still don't want to admit they didn't get anything for Javy.

Don't even try to justify this. They could have called up Hayden Penn or Jim Johnson if they were running out of arms. There were other options besides a 30 year old scrub reliever.

But why not bring up Penn, Johnson, or Wright now? How bad could they really be? And how much better is this Santos guy? I just don't get it..

Knott wasn't going to make the team, so I don't think this is a big deal. There will probably be another guy just like him available this offseason......if not Knott himself.

Knott and Jimenez would be idiots if they wanted to re-sign with this team.

Seriously the O's don't get it. Just because Kevin Millar and Aubrey Huff are on this team doesn't mean they can't have Knott or Jimenez on the team as well. They may not play great defense but neither does David Ortiz. I'm not comparing them by any means, but the if a guy can hit he should have a place on the team. Defense only wins championships in football.

Well we haven't heard from the defenders of all Orioles transactions yet, but let me try to blunt their arguments.

It's not about Knott vs. Santos individually. It is a matter of releasing (or not using) guys who could possibly help the club at the ML level in favor of guys with less of an upside. Knott, House, Jimenez, Dubois, Cervenak, etc. are wasting away while guys like Fahey are up with the big club (AGAIN) and guys like Stern, & Torres remain on the 40-man roster (not to mention super-catcher Gustavo Molina).

It just seems like poor roster management, and it seems like common sense to a lot of us. But apparently, pitching and defense are the way to go, even though both seem to fail us on a nightly basis.

At least they're playing the kids on the expanded roster tonight to eval--- oh wait, never mind. That's not happening either.

Don't even try to justify this. They could have called up Hayden Penn or Jim Johnson if they were running out of arms. There were other options besides a 30 year old scrub reliever.

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I didn't say I agreed with the move. I just said that is what they did. If they were going to go get Santo they should have DFA'd Stern IMO.

I also called for the O's to bring up Johnson, Penn and Wright. So I am with you on this one.

But why not bring up Penn, Johnson, or Wright now? How bad could they really be? And how much better is this Santos guy? I just don't get it..

If the O's will not even admit they made a mistake in trading for Stern, what makes you think they would reverse themselves on who they called up?

Archived