Too much locker room celebration in baseball?

Avsfan

I was watching highlights of the Dodgers-Cards last night...and saw that after the Dodgers won the series....they did a champagne celebration in the locker room.

Is it just me, or is this WAAAAYYYY overboard?

I understand winning your division (it's a long season) and when you win the AL/NL Championship series....but after the 1st round of the playoffs? Really?

You don't see this stuff in football or hockey...after the team wins a round of the playoffs...it's on to the next game and so on and so forth....only in baseball are these elaborate celebrations in the locker room.

It's not about fun....but shouldn't a team's focus be greater than the first round of the playoffs?

Shouldn't the prize be the ultimate?

It just seems...pre-mature?

I agree that it seems premature. Nothing wrong with guys celebrating and having fun, but that celebration looked like something you'd do after winning the WS, not after making it to the 2nd round.

It's not about fun....but shouldn't a team's focus be greater than the first round of the playoffs?

Shouldn't the prize be the ultimate?

It just seems...pre-mature?

Its not like they are saying they've accomplished all of their goals. They are just celebrating each time they accomplish the major steps along the way to the ultimate goal.

You can't win the WS unless you win the an LCS. You can't win an LCS unless win a LDS. You can't win an LDS unless you clinch a playoff spot.

Nothing wrong with celebrating every time you get one major step closer to the ultimate goal. Its basically like winning your heat at a track competition where only the winners compete in the final or winning a satellite tournament to get into the WS of Poker.

I was watching highlights of the Dodgers-Cards last night...and saw that after the Dodgers won the series....they did a champagne celebration in the locker room.

Is it just me, or is this WAAAAYYYY overboard?

I understand winning your division (it's a long season) and when you win the AL/NL Championship series....but after the 1st round of the playoffs? Really?

You don't see this stuff in football or hockey...after the team wins a round of the playoffs...it's on to the next game and so on and so forth....only in baseball are these elaborate celebrations in the locker room.

I, for one, agree with you. These guys celebrate after they win the division

series. Also, the Angels did something that I found a bit troubling after they

clinched the division. They poured beer and champagne on the late Nick

Adenharts' jersey. Guys, I know you wanted to include your fallen teammate, but he was killed by an alleged drunk driver. That stated, I think the celebrations are too common. I think you start hanging the polyethelene on the lockers only after you win the league championship series.

Archived