Could the Angels be after Tejada again?

JakeeO

No, it'd be Tejada and Bedard for Tex, CPat and Cedeno. Prior's just passing through.

Could that be why the Orioles went so hot and heavy after Paul Byrd. To replace Bedard. That could of had a lot to do with the deal dying off. Not sure about the timing of all the events though.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it'd be Tejada and Bedard for Tex, CPat and Cedeno. Prior's just passing through.

Technically yes but Prior would have been our property. That's how i looked at it.

Still though, i can see why we wouldn't do it UNLESS we could have inked Tex long term.

I mean, we got CPat for nothing and Cedeno is not worth much. So, Tejada and Bedard for Tex? Tough call on that one.

Well, let's strike the White Sox and Astros from there because they just don't have the talent to give.

The DBacks seemingly want pitching more than hitting.

The Tigers are very possible but i just don't see them trading Verlander or Zumaya and if they aren't trading either of them, then they aren't getting Tejada.

The Angels and Red Sox are possibilities as well but both have good reasons to NOT go after Miggy.

I really am not sure. As i go through the teams, i would think someone would have to get hurt or the guys like OCab or Alex Gonzo would have to really struggle or some team like the Cubs would just trade for Tejada for the future or something like that.

I mean, teams either can't afford him, have bigger needs or don't need a SS.

The Giants came to mind but Vizquel is having a very good year.

I think we need to hope that the Angels, Tigers and Red Sox really get involved in this if we want to trade him.

Like I said in the other thread you started. If I was GM I would have to be blown away to trade him. I think it is possible. The one thing we can do is get Javy's bat going and get a corner outfielder or first baseman for him. I really have a feeling though that if Javy gets going, and they start letting him catch every fifth day that they might try to extend him to be our DH for two more years or something like that.

Technically yes but Prior would have been our property. That's how i looked at it.

Still though, i can see why we wouldn't do it UNLESS we could have inked Tex long term.

I mean, we got CPat for nothing and Cedeno is not worth much. So, Tejada and Bedard for Tex? Tough call on that one.

I'd have to say no deal I think. As crazy as that sounds just because of the Rumors of being able to get Abreu for Bedard.

Tejada for Prior and Cedeno was more than fair in my mind. Especially with Prior's injury history. Although it's been bad luck more than anything.

I haven't been a proponent of trading Tejada, but I think I would have to do that trade. I continue to be very unimpressed with Bedard, so no big loss for me there....I honestly believe that Penn or Loewen could give us similar production as Bedard in quick order. Tex will replace Tejada's production with no problem, for more years than Tejada has left in him too...and I can live with Fahey at SS for a while.

I only see the Red Sox, Angels, and maybe the ChiSox, and the Cubs as possible. But I am doubtful the Cubs will make the trade because Mig could move after one year, and the Cubs are not even close to contending so I'd narrow it down to the Red Sox, Angels and ChiSox. I don't think they'll trade to the Red Sox (within the division, and Manny simply is not worth as much as Mig and I think the O's need to rebuild anyway). This leaves the Angels and ChiSox who I think are possible. However, I don't think the ChiSox could afford a renegotiated Mig contract after signing Konerko and most of their staff. This leaves the Angels as the best fit because they're five back of Texas. If it can't be worked out with the Angels it would have to be some kind of multi-team trade with contending teams who need a SS.

Tampa Bay might be a possiblity. Kazmir and Crawford for Mig and Rlo (or Javy). Tampa Bay has been in the cellar a long time, and their fan base is dwindling. Perhaps the ability to have a full feldged superstar might bring back crowds. Besides Mig is close to the Domincan there. I know, I'm dreaming, but it is an issue - if we trade Mig, who could afford to pay the price for his true worth. I really don't want chorinically injured players back. We just don't have the depth to deal with that. We can't risk it for a Mark Prior type of pitcher or an AJ Burnett.

Ideally a swap of Mig for Tex is what we'd all like, but Texas seems to be doing fine sitting 5 games on top. Not sure they need Mig or anyone for that matter right now.

The Angels are looking at 5 games back right now, and Mig is at his hitting best. Now is the time to get the optimal value for him.

My proposed trade:

Mig and (Hawkins or Rlo)

for

Kotchman-Santana-Shields-(Escobar or Lackey)-Woods

I only see the Red Sox, Angels, and maybe the ChiSox, and the Cubs as possible. But I am doubtful the Cubs will make the trade because Mig could move after one year, and the Cubs are not even close to contending so I'd narrow it down to the Red Sox, Angels and ChiSox. I don't think they'll trade to the Red Sox (within the division, and Manny simply is not worth as much as Mig and I think the O's need to rebuild anyway). This leaves the Angels and ChiSox who I think are possible. However, I don't think the ChiSox could afford a renegotiated Mig contract after signing Konerko and most of their staff. This leaves the Angels as the best fit because they're five back of Texas. If it can't be worked out with the Angels it would have to be some kind of multi-team trade with contending teams who need a SS.

Tampa Bay might be a possiblity. Kazmir and Crawford for Mig and Rlo (or Javy). Tampa Bay has been in the cellar a long time, and their fan base is dwindling. Perhaps the ability to have a full feldged superstar might bring back crowds. Besides Mig is close to the Domincan there. I know, I'm dreaming, but it is an issue - if we trade Mig, who could afford to pay the price for his true worth. I really don't want chorinically injured players back. We just don't have the depth to deal with that. We can't risk it for a Mark Prior type of pitcher or an AJ Burnett.

Ideally a swap of Mig for Tex is what we'd all like, but Texas seems to be doing fine sitting 5 games on top. Not sure they need Mig or anyone for that matter right now.

The Angels are looking at 5 games back right now, and Mig is at his hitting best. Now is the time to get the optimal value for him.

My proposed trade:

Mig and (Hawkins or Rlo)

for

Kotchman-Santana-Shields-(Escobar or Lackey)-Woods

They wont gives us shields as he opens up another hole and they have plenty of hawkins type pitchers if we trade Tejada we should

get Kotchman,Santana or Weaver,Wood, Napoli.

Also if we trade tejada we should look into trading Melvin Mora because he is old and we need to try to trade him while he can still play. Because we wont win without tejada. Or a big bat to replace him.

Archived