Adam Jones wins Gold Glove

jerios55

This is just how it works. Gold Gloves are never (if you're cynical) actually awarded for the year, but reputation, and Jones' reputation as a defender is much greater than his performance, at least to those who haven't been watching him every day (ie every other ML manager). If he got it, then he simply won the game. I hope he gets his defense back to where it used to be and starts to deserve it.
Jones hasn't been playing long enough to have a reputation. He had a good, but not great year, last season and a poor one this year. Yes the GG people seem to take in offense numbers with the award but his offense numbers weren't the best either. If we are looking for CF candidates who combine good defense with offense, then the best candidates are Mike Cameron, Matt Kemp and Tori Hunter. Since Hunter has won it for the last 7 years, I'd say he's a logical choice. So is Ichiro again. So that would leave Cameron a former winner, Kemp, and perhaps Gutierez, the real GG CF.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones hasn't been playing long enough to have a reputation. He had a good, but not great year, last season and a poor one this year. Yes the GG people seem to take in offense numbers with the award but his offense numbers weren't the best either. If we are looking for CF candidates who combine good defense with offense, then the best candidates are Mike Cameron, Matt Kemp and Tori Hunter. Since Hunter has won it for the last 7 years, I'd say he's a logical choice. So is Ichiro again. So that would leave Cameron a former winner, Kemp, and perhaps Gutierez, the real GG CF.

I'm not sure I follow. Do they only give one for both leagues now? Why are Matt Kemp and Mike Cameron being considered?

Edited to say: Never mind. I guess you're just listing all of them.

I'm not sure I follow. Do they only give one for both leagues now? Why are Matt Kemp and Mike Cameron being considered?
I was just looking for the best defenders with good offesive numbers, Dr. Snark. Hunter, and Ichiro will most likely be locks again. So in the AL among all other OF, Crawford, Span, Swisher, Drew, Choo, and Rivera, among others had better UZR as well as better wOBA than Jones.

I was just looking for the best defenders with good offesive numbers, <b>Dr. Snark</b>. Hunter, and Ichiro will most likely be locks again. So in the AL among all other OF, Crawford, Span, Swisher, Drew, Choo, and Rivera, among others had better UZR as well as better wOBA than Jones.

He edited his post way before you mad this post. No need for hostilities which I'm assuming the bolded was meant as.

Well, I'm glad that THAT'S the part you're disputing. :P
Of course I'm hostile, I've never been one to suffer fools lightly. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are a fool. Besides I was talking to Lucky Jim. He can take care of himself.

Of course I'm hostile, I've never been one to suffer fools lightly. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are a fool. Besides I was talking to Lucky Jim. He can take care of himself.

Fair enough. You're right, he can fight his own battles. He is a lawyer afterall. I just thought I'd mention it. I'm not much for fighting other's battles anyways. So wait, what was the topic of conversation again?

Oh yeah, Adam Jones and his possible gold glove. :) I wonder how long it'll take for this to be confirmed or denied.

Ummmm.... you really DID just call someone (and others) a fool. You should go back and read your own postings. ;)

I was just looking for the best defenders with good offesive numbers, Dr. Snark. Hunter, and Ichiro will most likely be locks again. So in the AL among all other OF, Crawford, Span, Swisher, Drew, Choo, and Rivera, among others had better UZR as well as better wOBA than Jones.
Excuse me, are you a moderator as well?:rolleyestf:
I weigh 280 lbs, so I wouldn't call me little, sonny.

You may not be little, but you're clearly small.

Archived