Time to trade Felix Pie

SilentJames

I don't know where Roch comes off saying Pie was atrocious in LF, unless he just stopped watching after mid-April or so. It is true that Pie had a rocky start out there, but he played the position quite well as the season progressed, and certainly better than Reimold did.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what we could get that we really need for someone who we project to be a 4th OF for 2010. A hotshot 3b or SS prospect?

And if thats the case, why would some GM be willing to so quickly part with something that has more value than an outfielder?

I agree you're right it depends on who we get back, but I just don't see us getting someone who can bring to the table what Pie can do right now...and what he has the potential to become.

IMO, there is no way DT gives Pie the playing time to even come close to adding a lot of value to this team.

Unless Jones, Markakis or Reimold get hurt both Pie will be getting only spot starts all year long.

According to Roch's newest post

http://masnsports.com/2009/12/the-outfield-and-more-on-steve.html

Felix has no real role on this team outside of CF or fourth outfielder.

the team views Jones as the CF of the present and future and Pie was atrocious in left and not a significant upgrade over Riemold.

Given that I think we need to trade Felix, he is too good to be a fourth outfielder and Lou Montanez can do that just as effectively. If Felix is good enough to be a starter somewhere in the league, what could we get for him?

Is this a joke?

If Scott stays and we do not sign another first baseman, I have to hope that DT and AM are smart enough to get Pie in LF against righties and select lefties, while DH'ing Reimold and starting Scott at first.

That is obviously what is best for the team, trade values and the future.

Why do you think this?

Understand that I really like Reimold as well. But if DT values defense as much as we like to whine about on here, he'll find a way to get Pie in the lineup.

DT has terrible roster management, IMO.

He is probably going to plug Reimold in LF, Jones in CF, Markakis in RF, and Scott at DH. Day in/day out. Scott is the only one in that group that is probably going to get a significant about of days off.

I am in the minority on this board, but I don't think Reimold is going to be a below average fielder. I actually think it is the opposite. I think he is going to be an above average fielding LF. He is very fast and has a strong arm. Giving the time, I think he is going to shock a lot of people with his fielding ability.

DT has terrible roster management, IMO.

He is probably going to plug Reimold in LF, Jones in CF, Markakis in RF, and Scott at DH. Day in/day out. Scott is the only one in that group that is probably going to get a significant about of days off.

I am in the minority on this board, but I don't think Reimold is going to be a below average fielder. I actually think it is the opposite. I think he is going to be an above average fielding LF. He is very fast and has a strong arm. Giving the time, I think he is going to shock a lot of people with his fielding ability.

Pie actually was only terrible in LF at first. After he played there a while he was superb. He actually made a heck of a game winning diving catch out there to save a game I recall. I do agree with you though that Reimold isn't as bad as some make him seem. He's actually about as good as Scott with a stronger arm.

Pie actually was only terrible in LF at first. After he played there a while he was superb. He actually made a heck of a game winning diving catch out there to save a game I recall. I do agree with you though that Reimold isn't as bad as some make him seem. He's actually about as good as Scott with a stronger arm.

He was Curt Blefary-like! ;)

Archived