LaRoche ??

TonySoprano

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you, if in fact Huff has signed with SF.

Greatly increases the Orioles leverage in obtaining LaRoche. I think the Mets waiting on Delgado means that they have to believe he is interested in returning. I wouldn't be shocked if LaRoche signed within the next 7 days now that there seem to be only the Mets and Orioles looking for first base options.

He could always try his hand at the outfield or DH, but I can't think of many AL teams that need a DH/1B option who will make in excess of $7M per year on a one or two year deal. I think LaRoche signs with us.

I just don't see how we'd be able to sign LaRoche with the glut of players we have right now.

Then how do we sign Delgado? The Orioles sign LaRoche which makes it very easy for them to trade Scott. If Scott or Pie gets traded you would have to think the return would be relief pitching.

The Orioles want to sign Laroche for around 6 million a year. I am not sure if he will accpet that since he turned down two years 17 million. Other teams might go in on him if his price drops that low.

Again...how can we sign LaRoche (or Delgado) with the glut of players we have right now? I just don't see it happening unless we are planning on making a deal with Pie, Reimold, or Scott.

Archived