Vasquez for ACC POY

sportsfan8703

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I obviously do not believe MD to be a bubble team, saying someone knows nothing about college hoops b/c they think we might be a bubble team is a little much. I have a few friends that love college hoops but aren't MD fans and they all seem to think that while we're safely in, we're not anything special.

I fight with them over it, obviously, but it just shows you that opinions on us vary greatly.

I wouldn't have slammed him had this been the first unintelligent thing he has said... He's never been a wealth of knowledge.

Jason Willaims was a terrible pro player, the accident only saved hiim from being another Duke bust. Same as Hurley.

Come on, really? The guy played for one season. You have no idea if he would have amounted to anything in the NBA.

Although I will agree that dook has had their share of NBA busts.

LOL...My god, you know nothing about basketball.

I didn't want to say it.

Duke's actually had their fair share of decent NBA players over the past decade or so. They're not overwhelmingly full of busts like they used to be. I mean, they don't have two of the best players in the NBA like Wake does, but it isn't embarrassingly bad.

I didn't want to say it.

Duke's actually had their fair share of decent NBA players over the past decade or so. They're not overwhelmingly full of busts like they used to be. I mean, they don't have two of the best players in the NBA like Wake does, but it isn't embarrassingly bad.

That's probably a combination of both the general evolution of recruiting throughout college sports and the specific evolution of the program from very good in the late-80s to great in the early-90s to among the best ever (:cussing:) from the late-90s on. They aren't just developing great college players like Laettner and Parks, but great all-around athletes that can continue to grow in the pros.

I didn't want to say it.

Duke's actually had their fair share of decent NBA players over the past decade or so. They're not overwhelmingly full of busts like they used to be. I mean, they don't have two of the best players in the NBA like Wake did, but it isn't embarrassingly bad.

Fixed that for ya.

One thing is for sure about Greivis...MD fans who complain about him as much and to the level they do really know nothing.

I can see how he can be frustrating but MD is an NIT team, AT BEST, with him..and really, they probably aren't even an NIT team.

For years, I have had to defend him and Gary on this board...and I don't even like them! lol

Oh well...Be careful what you wish for is all I am saying.

One thing is for sure about Greivis...MD fans who complain about him as much and to the level they do really know nothing.

I can see how he can be frustrating but MD is an NIT team, AT BEST, with him..and really, they probably aren't even an NIT team.

For years, I have had to defend him and Gary on this board...and I don't even like them! lol

Oh well...Be careful what you wish for is all I am saying.

The "fire Gary" crowd disappeared quickly, didn't they. I'm with you Rob, I've been begging Maryland to listen to the fans that wanted Gary fired for years..please, get rid of the guy.

Archived