Coaching changes

beaner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once he finds someone to take his recruit's SATs, Auburn will be vacating final fours in no time...;)

He did a nice job at UTEP..Played under and coached under Calipari, but hopefully didn't take all of the bad things from him. Good luck.

I mean Louisville is a much more historically relevant program. They're also moving into a brand new arena and have re-emerged as a basketball power (although this year was down).

To leave for St. John's he'd have to be swayed by the allure of coaching in New York and, obviously, be offered a ton of cash.

Not that it really means anything, but Greenberg has apparently already promised his players that he will be back next year.

Players: Greenberg is staying

Also, all of his three daughters went, or are going, to VT. His youngest just started as a freshman this fall. I would hope that provides some motivation to stay for at least a few more years.

I would be disappointed but not surprised if he left. If he does stay, I can't imagine that he wouldn't be getting a raise. He's one of the lowest paid coaches in the ACC at $950,000 this past season.

Not that it really means anything, but Greenberg has apparently already promised his players that he will be back next year.

Players: Greenberg is staying

Also, all of his three daughters went, or are going, to VT. His youngest just started as a freshman this fall. I would hope that provides some motivation to stay for at least a few more years.

I would be disappointed but not surprised if he left. If he does stay, I can't imagine that he wouldn't be getting a raise. He's one of the lowest paid coaches in the ACC at $950,000 this past season.

I'd be more than disappointed if I were you. I love Greenberg as a coach (as a UVA fan, well, that's another thing :D)

Yeah, he needs to schedule more OOC, but I think he is very good in game and really helps improve guys in their time there.

I think he would be a good hire for St. John's. Sure, they want a big name, but they've had, what, like 3 good years in the last 20 (when Jarvis was there)?

Greenberg agrees to terms to contract extension

Virginia Tech head men’s basketball coach Seth Greenberg has agreed to terms for the remaining four years of his current contract, plus an additional two years that have been added to the contract, according to Director of Athletics Jim Weaver. Terms of the contract will be released within the next 10 days to two weeks, when all the appropriate contractual responsibilities have been finalized and signed.
“I am excited to be afforded the opportunity to continue to build the basketball program at Virginia Tech,” Greenberg said. “What makes Virginia Tech so special is the people and their passion for the University. My family has embraced all that the University stands for and I feel this is where I belong.”

That is a relief.

Al Skinner fired...Surprising.

Tubby Smith offered Oregon job.

Lavin looks like he will be going to St Johns.

BC fired their Football coach when he interviewed somewhere else a few years ago too. I guess Coen from Northeastern could get that gig.

Archived