3/29: v. the Evil Empire on MASN

scOtt

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to think back to how the Orioles got Guthrie. He was a 1st round pick for the Indians who just never developed for them. They put him on waivers and the Orioles got him. I think he may just be the kind of guy who gets himself into a vicious cycle of struggling then putting more pressure on himself to get it turned around. When he came to the Orioles he got a clean slate and his talent came through but now he may be back into that vicious cycle and he may need that clean slate again.

You have to think back to how the Orioles got Guthrie. He was a 1st round pick for the Indians who just never developed for them. They put him on waivers and the Orioles got him. I think he may just be the kind of guy who gets himself into a vicious cycle of struggling then putting more pressure on himself to get it turned around. When he came to the Orioles he got a clean slate and his talent came through but now he may be back into that vicious cycle and he may need that clean slate again.

There's no denying that the Orioles have gotten a LOT of value out of Guthrie considering they picked him up on Rule 5 and honestly didn't pay a whole lot for him. But it's looking more and more like it's time to let him go before they LOSE value on him.

Over under on how long Guts stays in the rotation with Tillman tearing it up in AAA.... I'm going 6 games

Hoping he doesn't break camp with them. If he does, I give it a month if he keeps up this performance.

Reimold GIDP to end the inning, but he's showing a lot of patience at the plate. Took it to a 3-2 count.

Archived