4/11 Blue Jays at Orioles

GotNitro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really hoping we're going to see Wigginton at 2nd quite a bit until Roberts comes back. Lugo is virtually helpless against a righty with a decent slider.

Gotta feel bad for Wigginton. Remember at Fanfest, they had just signed Tejada? Then Roberts is hurt in ST and they grab Lugo. I'm not saying that getting another MI is a bad idea, I just think he should be getting ABs at second base now. I wonder, if Atkins wasn't nicked up, what the lineup would be.

Wiggy is better at 2nd than Turner and I don't think it is particularly close. Wigginton is a better athlete than he appears to be.

RHB heavy teams that love the fastball are going to really struggle with Millwood. His slider and curve are pretty nasty pitches for pull conscious righties like Wells and Encarnacion.

Wiggy looks a lot better in the field this year as well, losing that weight really helped him. No fears letting him play second.

Wiggy is better at 2nd than Turner and I don't think it is particularly close. Wigginton is a better athlete than he appears to be.

RHB heavy teams that love the fastball are going to really struggle with Millwood. His slider and curve are pretty nasty pitches for pull conscious righties like Wells and Encarnacion.

I agree with point 2 and have only seen Turner once so I will have to go with you. My problem with Wiggy at second is he does not seem to break and square up on the ball.

Archived