Video of Stephen Strasburg, 4/16/10

justD

I had the chance to see him last night up here in Harrisburg, for his home debut with the team. It was crazy. The new stadium is beautiful, by the way, and it was sold out.

Just before he was supposed to come out to the bullpen to warm up, around 6:30, the skies opened up and delayed any activity until almost 9PM, even though they removed the tarp twice in that span.

While he was warming up, power to the entire City Island went out. After it came back up, they had to wait a good 10 minutes to allow the lights to cool off before turning them back on. He put on his jacket, sat quietly (though clearly annoyed), and then when all was back in order, got up and threw 4 or 5 angry fastballs before heading in to start.

After 2-1/3 innings, it all came raining down again, knocking him out of the game.

The entire crowd remained there from the time it started raining at 6:30 until almost 10...then left when he did. The concessioners had what will probably be the best night of their season :)

Meanwhile, I stood patiently on the boardwalk overlooking the bullpen in order to get some video clips. Didn't have a decent angle from my seats, so only a couple of shots of strikeouts from there, admittedly not very informative but you can hear how enthusiastic a crowd it was for the first batter faced :laughlol:

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1HclTFnmEbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1HclTFnmEbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

I saw you and Just D at the game today. You were in 206 and I was with my wife, daughter and nephew. I wanted to say hi, but we were packed in tight.

Hey, sorry we didn't get to connect! Do you get to many Senators games?

Hey, sorry we didn't get to connect! Do you get to many Senators games?

I live in Hanover, so we are about 50 minutes away. We get to a few games per year, usually when Bowie is in. Just wanted to see the new stadium and try and get Strasburg's autograph, before he gets moved up.

Archived