4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not a question of whos fault it will be, it's who would you rather have facing a lefty now, Matusz or Ohman. I'd stick with Matusz.

102 pitches. I become more convinced by the day, that the young guys are at a 100-110 limit.

I think Trembley will go closer by committee until Koji gets back and throws a few innings. I wouldn't be suprised if JJ comes back for the 9th or if he just matches up with Albers, Hendrickson, or Meredith. Mickolio is the one guy I wouldn't put in in a save situation but considering it's a 3 run lead and it wouldn't be too high leverage it's possible.

102 pitches. I become more convinced by the day, that the young guys are at a 100-110 limit.
I agree with Nolan Ryan. It's not the pitch count, it's how they are throwing. The last time out I would have pulled him sooner, this time I would have left him in.

If you like AJ fine. If many think he is a ego driven guy who could be much better if he dropped his casual cool style and upped his focus, fine as well.

What amazes me is how many people bash the people who find AJ to be a player who isn't fully meeting his potential.

Buddy, you can think whatever you want. If you want to think that the Earth is flat and the sky is green, be my guest. I will continue to tell you that it's not based in reality. If you want to actually point out some things that Adam does that says he's an "ego driven guy who could be much better if he dropped his casual cool style and upped his focus", then I'm all ears. As for now, you are (amongst others) just spouting nonsense.

And tell me you know the difference between arguing that a player hasn't fully met his potential and arguing that they are cocky douches that don't take the game seriously go about playing it nonchalantly.

I think Trembley will go closer by committee until Koji gets back and throws a few innings. I wouldn't be suprised if JJ comes back for the 9th or if he just matches up with Albers, Hendrickson, or Meredith. Mickolio is the one guy I wouldn't put in in a save situation but considering it's a 3 run lead and it wouldn't be too high leverage it's possible.
Yeah I have no idea what I'd do in this situation. Johnson looked good, but he pitched yesterday and would be in his second inning. You can make a case for the three you mentioned, but who knows if any of them will have their stuff today. Mickolio has the power arm, but had a pretty adventurous first outing.

Trembley's gonna get bashed no matter who he goes with if we end up blowing this lead. Hopefully whatever buttons he pushes ends up being able to get the job done. I don't think I can take another meltdown.

Archived