Angels and Orioles have discussed Tejada

markpolis

Well, there is the Dadaist School of Sabremetricians. They tend to emphasize the importance of a players hair color in the scoring of runs. Also, they believe that runs are without any objective meaning.

Wow, that was a big help. Thanks a bunch.

Fairly amusing however...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abreu is a better hitter than Miggy..There is not much doubt about that...However, Tejada has more value....And really, there is not any doubt about that either.

I suspect that the majority of GMs would be willing to trade more to acquire Tejada than Abreu.

Bill Stoneman might very well be one of the ones that would not. He needs a big bat, period. The rest (contract, age, position, etc) is fluff, and the fact that he's looking at everyone from Soriano to Tejada proves it.

I suspect that the majority of GMs would be willing to trade more to acquire Tejada than Abreu.

Bill Stoneman might very well be one of the ones that would not. He needs a big bat, period. The rest (contract, age, position, etc) is fluff, and the fact that he's looking at everyone from Soriano to Tejada proves it.

I tend to agree with you that it makes MORE sense for them to get Abreu but their are a few issues:

1) Will Abreu waive his NTC to go there?

2) The other side to #1 is would he be willing to move to left field?

3) Do they have to pick up his option and if they do, do they deem Tejada the better value?

4) Moreno LOVES Tejada....He is the owner. Nuff said there.

More on Abreu:

Jul 17 Jerry Crasnick, of ESPN.com, reports the $15 million owed to Philadelphia Phillies OF Bobby Abreu in 2007 is not the only potential deterrent in acquiring the outfielder's services prior to the trade deadline. Abreu, who has a no-trade clause in his contract, would be willing to accept a trade to another team, but only if his new club agrees to pick up Abreu's $16 million option in 2008, or gives him a contract extension

The other thing I heard being reported last night on Abreu is not only does he want the team to pick up his option, but he wants them to compensate him for waiving his no trade clause.

Sounds like Abreu is setting himself up for taking some of Ol Georges money.

The other thing I heard being reported last night on Abreu is not only does he want the team to pick up his option, but he wants them to compensate him for waiving his no trade clause.

Isn't guaranteeing him an extra $16 mil compensation enough?

Not true. It appears he wants any team that trades for him to either pick up his option OR give him an extension.

This from the article:

"Agent Peter Greenberg told ESPN.com that if Abreu consents to waive it, he's going to expect some sort of compensation in return.

That could mean that his new club agrees to pick up his $16 million option in 2008, or gives him a contract extension. Either way, Abreu's next team will have to pay."

In that case, we should consider giving him an extension instead of picking up his option.

Archived