MacPhail puts hitters on notice

clapdiddy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off the top of my head, I'd say Patterson and Andino to replace Montanez and Lugo.

What about Jones & his .226 average since the middle of last season. Lugo needs to be released not sent to AAA. Has Montanez been given a chance to play everyday yet?

I'm a little surprised by the tone of MacPhail's remarks. They almost sound more like a threat than a factual statement.

It's only a threat in the first person: I'm going to get sent down if I don't hit.

It's a fact in the third person: He's going to get sent down if he doesn't hit.

What about Jones & his .226 average since the middle of last season. Lugo needs to be released not sent to AAA. Has Montanez been given a chance to play everyday yet?

I really don't wanna see Montanez play everyday.

I think MacPhail's right, I just don't think we really have anyone who can do any better at AAA. We probably have people who wouldn't do any worse, and at some point, maybe a change for the sake of change would make sense.

I don't know if these comments will have any real effect on the players, I certainly don't think that their struggles are due to a lack of effort, but putting this out there certainly can't make things any worse.

At least Wigginton, Nick, Wieters, Tejada, and Hughes don't have to worry about being demoted. I'd say everyone else is pretty fair game, though.

I just said replace them I didn't say where they should go. I agree Lugo would be released. As for Montanez, I don't even think he should be on the team, much less play every day! He stinks, and he is showing it.

I really don't wanna see Montanez play everyday.

I probably agree with you on Montanez. But could he do any worse than Jones?

1) Swinging at too many bad pitches. Over-Swinging for the fences.

2) Diving at balls that turn singles into triples & playing too shallow.

3) Baserunning blunders that he shouldnt have made in little league.

Other than his 2 HR yesterday, Andino isn't hitting. The only guys at Norfolk hitting reasonably well are Salazar and Turner.
We could put Wigginton at DH and Turner at 2B and option/bench Reimold or Scott.

Archived