MacPhail puts hitters on notice

clapdiddy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is he even talking about, though? Montanez? Maybe Reimold? Maybe Jones? Surely he won't try to send Scott or Atkins to Norfolk.

Reimold and Jones was my thinking...I mean, not to sound ignorant towards Lou M but who cares what he is doing? I mean, we need him to hit some but guys like Reimold and Jones need to be here long term and they need to get them fixed.

And to answer the question of who do we bring up...No offense but who cares? The future of this organization is much more important than the next few weeks...We need these guys to get fixed.

I wonder how Luke, Lugo, etc might feel when they find out they're all heading to Norfolk.

Veteran: "I'm a veteran and you're sending me to Norfolk!?"

Manager: "Good! I like to see that energy! Only problem is, I didn't send you to Norfolk. Somebody's been playing a prank on you."

Luke Scott runs to the locker room and tackles Tejada.

So, in our lineup today, we have Julio Lugo leading off and playing shortstop, we have Craig Tatum catching, and we have LOU MONTANEZ in centerfield.

:rolleyes:

LOL...Lugo batting leadoff is as good as the thread started by OldFan about Tejada batting 5th!!!!

LOL...Lugo batting leadoff is as good as the thread started by OldFan about Tejada batting 5th!!!!

As terrible as he's been this year, he's not plodding, and his OBP the last few years have been: .362, .341, .294, .355, .351.

Save for a disastrous 2007, I'm not sure there's a better option in the line-up, save for Nick.

Maybe AM should put himself on notice for assembling this pathetic offense?:rolleyes:

Absolutely! :clap3:

He has nobody to blame but himself for thinking all the young guys could carry the offense without much help...

Position players that have options

Scott

Montanez

Jones

Reimold

Hughes

Position players that do not have options and can refuse to go to Norfolk

Lugo

Atkins

Izturis

Tatum (don't know if he has ever been outrighted)

This message to the players may make guys that are playing hurt decide to make their injuries known. Did this have anything to do with Jones not playing today?

I would not discount MacPhail going outside the organization to get players.

I was actually relieved to read that from MacPhail. Finally someone from the organization showing a little lead in the pencil. I'm almost sure he's talking to 4 people:

Reimold

Jones

Scott

Trembley

Archived