Sign on here

HersheyBird

The FO staff will learn from this and make the necessary moves in the offseason with coaching and player personnel to right this thing.

They haven't learned or made the necessary moves in the last 10+ years. What makes you think they're all of a sudden going to do that?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ridiculous, I agree.

What's ridiculous is your post. How about this... when they do turn the corner you continue your boycott. The team and it's fan base will be better suited.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out (or better yet, let it).

What's ridiculous is your post. How about this... IF they do turn the corner you continue your boycott. The team and it's fan base will be better suited.

Fixed that for you. ;)

They haven't learned or made the necessary moves in the last 10+ years. What makes you think they're all of a sudden going to do that?

Because you're not talking about the same front office. There has been an incredible amount of turnover. The decisions being made now in no way mirror the decisions being made 10 years ago, the franchise has just dug such a deep hole of a depleted farm system that it takes more than 3 years (AM's tenure) to recover.

Say what you want about the 2010 team, the organization top to bottom is much healthier since being run by AM.

They are better, lay off the Orange Kool Aid
Oh my God, it just hit me, you're right! It's that damn Kool-Aid that's keeping me from realizing what a great team the Mariners truly are. Tell you what, I'll send your post chain to PA, that will certainly get AM fired. Then you and I will get a bottle of chloroform and some rubber gloves and head for Seattle. Sound like a plan?

What's ridiculous is your post. How about this... when they do turn the corner you continue your boycott. The team and it's fan base will be better suited.

I'll be back if they turn the corner, season tix and all. :):):)

I'll be back if they turn the corner, season tix and all. :):):)

So what's the point of this stance? They're going to turn the corner, but it probably won't be good enough.

What's the point of the sea of green at Camden Yards? If you watch the games, it's already like that.

Haven't been to a game in at least 10 years. I'm not going to waste my money on this horrible franchise.

The Orioles are like a wife/girlfriend that constantly cheats on you. You keep taking them back thinking things will be different. At some point you have to stop being foolish and realize that things are never going to change.

Should they just fold the team? I mean if nothings going to change, might as well right. Using your analogy, if the Orioles are the wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend (I'm gender neutral) that consistently teaches then the only sensible thing to do would be to murder her/him for the life insurance check? It shouldn't be any different in baseball.

And what moves are they? They're working on the youth/prospects route under this administration. Previous ones have tried to go with a more veteran presence (not good ones mind you, but certainly older guys like Segui, Conine, etc.) I guess what you mean is to outspend the Yankees/Red Sox, so I guess you're right there. But there's more than one way to win.

What does money have to do with time?

Really? You've never heard the phrase time is money?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mgMXmsxlo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mgMXmsxlo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So what's the point of this stance? They're going to turn the corner, but it probably won't be good enough.

What's the point of the sea of green at Camden Yards? If you watch the games, it's already like that.

The FO doesn't give a damn, the players don't give a damn, why should I?

Oh my God, it just hit me, you're right! It's that damn Kool-Aid that's keeping me from realizing what a great team the Mariners truly are. Tell you what, I'll send your post chain to PA, that will certainly get AM fired. Then you and I will get a bottle of chloroform and some rubber gloves and head for Seattle. Sound like a plan?

dont get it.

Because you're not talking about the same front office. There has been an incredible amount of turnover. The decisions being made now in no way mirror the decisions being made 10 years ago, the franchise has just dug such a deep hole of a depleted farm system that it takes more than 3 years (AM's tenure) to recover.

Say what you want about the 2010 team, the organization top to bottom is much healthier since being run by AM.

68 wins followed by 64 wins followed by 50 wins is not healthier. AM is in charge of the worst organization in baseball and he needs to be held accountable.

Archived