Sign on here

HersheyBird

The FO doesn't give a damn, the players don't give a damn, why should I?

This is an obnoxious post.

I still go to the games, I still cheer my a$$ off. I love the Orioles and always will.

I don't go to put money in AM's or PA's pocket. I don't like the ownership and don't want to support it.

But the people I do want to support are wearing Orioles uniforms, because that is the team I love, and those guys are representing the fine city of Baltimore.

That is why I go. When I see 5,000 fans in the seats, its the players I feel bad for. I want them to be winners and I want to treat them like that. One day they will be and I will be there with them.

Hopefully you are long gone by then because you don't deserve to join in the party.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still go to the games, I still cheer my a$$ off. I love the Orioles and always will.

I don't go to put money in AM's or PA's pocket. I don't like the ownership and don't want to support it.

But the people I do want to support are wearing Orioles uniforms, because that is the team I love, and those guys are representing the fine city of Baltimore.

That is why I go. When I see 5,000 fans in the seats, its the players I feel bad for. I want them to be winners and I want to treat them like that. One day they will be and I will be there with them.

Hopefully you are long gone by then because you don't deserve to join in the party.

Speachless

68 wins followed by 64 wins followed by 50 wins is not healthier. AM is in charge of the worst organization in baseball and he needs to be held accountable.

You've got to separate the organization from the MLB team. He said ORGANIZATION... not necessarily the MLB team.

The 68 win team in 2008 was akin to the previous regime that had it's veterans on it that didn't pan out... You had Millar, Hernandez, Mora, and Payton on that team along with DCab and Olson wasting away on the rotation.

The 64 win team in 2009 was a developmental year, as the likes of Reimold, Wieters, Tillman, Hernandez, Bergesen, and Matusz, among others, got their feet wet for the first time.

The 2010 season is two months in... the results have been horrendous, but it's still two months in... I don't believe for a second that they "don't give a damn." Are they purposely making mistakes? Can you honestly believe that they are purposely making defensive mistakes? I'm sure pitchers are mailing it in already by just throwing junk at the plate.

As for the organization... there have been improvements. If you can't see them, then take a look around.

Attention OH members. This is another post that questions others fandom.

Dude if you want to throw your money away to watch a subpar product go right ahead. I too was one of those guys several years ago. I was living in California at the time. I purchased MLB Extra Innings just to watch my beloved O's. Those days are now long gone. When the powers that be decide to give a **** about the product they put out there then maybe so will I.

Your post stinks of blind homerism and frankly I'm sick of seeing such posts. This team stinks, plain and simple. Do you honestly enjoy yourself at the games? Whether you believe it or not, your attendance is going to the pocket Angelos. I'm glad the fans stopped showing up. I work damn hard for my money and I know that I wouldn't blow it to watch this sorry excuse of a baseball team.

Cheer them on all you want. I will do that same because I'm an Orioles fan. However, don't question my fandom because I'm not buying a ticket to support my team or questioning the state of the club. There are glaring needs with this club that have not even been remotely addressed.

You've got to separate the organization from the MLB team. He said ORGANIZATION... not necessarily the MLB team.

The 68 win team in 2008 was akin to the previous regime that had it's veterans on it that didn't pan out... You had Millar, Hernandez, Mora, and Payton on that team along with DCab and Olson wasting away on the rotation.

The 64 win team in 2009 was a developmental year, as the likes of Reimold, Wieters, Tillman, Hernandez, Bergesen, and Matusz, among others, got their feet wet for the first time.

The 2010 season is two months in... the results have been horrendous, but it's still two months in... I don't believe for a second that they "don't give a damn." Are they purposely making mistakes? Can you honestly believe that they are purposely making defensive mistakes? I'm sure pitchers are mailing it in already by just throwing junk at the plate.

As for the organization... there have been improvements. If you can't see them, then take a look around.

I don't believe they aren't trying. I believe they are inept. The responsibility for that starts with the owner, goes through the GM and ends at the manager.

I don't believe they aren't trying. I believe they are inept. The responsibility for that starts with the owner, goes through the GM and ends at the manager.

Well... they don't have the necessary players in the minors for a turnover. As for trades... it's takes two there and sometimes maybe the other parties aren't being cooperative.

Archived