O's - Yanks no game thread. Oh the horror.

8istheman

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I'm pretty positive that it's on Matusz because the go ahead run is attributed to him. Regardless, I'm sure he's counting down the days to Free Agency.
What? Those were his runners.

I've never understood the decision to land on a pitcher who was out of the game at a point when the game was tied or the score eventually changed in another team's favor. That's a massive overlook my on my part if that's the case.

Lets go O's.

The O's need a break out game. The fans need something positive.

Cindy must be glued to her radio (Brady alert).

They just said Vasquez is the 27th straight starting pitcher to go at least 7 innings against the Birds!!! Also, this gets back to my primary beef with AM. And that is that he didn't put a fundamentally good defensive team on the field this year - particularly in the corner infield spots. Bad throw from Tejada. Bad scoop attempt by Wiggy. Game over.

Sorry....I've been saying all season that Tejada just isn't a good 3rd baseman. He made a routine play look like a panicked little leaguer. I can't stand him playing 3rd. He freakin' blew the game.

We made Joba look like Cy Young there. No discipline at all in those 3 at bats.

I've never understood the decision to land on a pitcher who was out of the game at a point when the game was tied or the score eventually changed in another team's favor. That's a massive overlook my on my part if that's the case.

Why? He allowed them to get on base. Why should the reliever get the loss if he comes in with a tie game, nobody out and a runner on third; and the batter hits a sac fly? Is it the reliever's fault for letting him hit the ball.

They just said Vasquez is the 27th straight starting pitcher to go at least 7 innings against the Birds!!! Also, this gets back to my primary beef with AM. And that is that he didn't put a fundamentally good defensive team on the field this year - particularly in the corner infield spots. Bad throw from Tejada. Bad scoop attempt by Wiggy. Game over.
Can't be 27 straight.

In case anyone was wondering, this team is full of losers. Losers are the kind of players that find a way to come up small in big parts of the game. The Orioles continually find ways to lose games. Of course when you score 3 runs or less in 31 of 51 games, i guess you can say they just can't hit, which is true. But in the end, MacPhail put together a group of losers.

You clearly heard wrong.

Can't be straight, Braden didn't go 7 last week.

In case anyone was wondering, this team is full of losers. Losers are the kind of players that find a way to come up small in big parts of the game. The Orioles continually find ways to lose games. Of course when you score 3 runs or less in 31 of 51 games, i guess you can say they just can't hit, which is true. But in the end, MacPhail put together a group of losers.

If they're not losers before, they become losers when they get to Baltimore. That's a problem.

Why? He allowed them to get on base. Why should the reliever get the loss if he comes in with a tie game, nobody out and a runner on first; and the batter hits a sac fly? Is it the reliever's fault for letting him hit the ball.

No, but that's just the way I thought the rules were. But again, I could be wrong. It's not much different than a pitcher going 8 scoreless innings in a 0-0 game, a reliever pitches the 9th, then the home team scores a run in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. The reliever gets the win. For pitching 1 inning.

Archived