Trembley to be fired today?

Pedro Cerrano

I do too. I can't help but think that everybody else in baseball understands the situation on all it's different levels. I think Dave gets through this just fine and works again in baseball if he wants to. I also think AM will make sure the transition is handled with class.

I feel like AM has already failed at this task.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry he got canned because he seemed like a genuinely decent fellow with a real desire to win. I'm especially sorry for Dave and his family because I know what it's like to lose a job in this economy.

But I'm not sorry he was fired because I really think this a better team than 15-39, and probably a little bit better than his 187-283 record as manager. It's not a playoff team by any stretch, but I just don't believe we're the worst team in baseball.

For whatever reason, it's not working. We can't jettison the whole team and start over, so we have to make specific changes and I think this is the logical place to start. I'm sure somebody can find the stats showing how teams fare after a coaching / manager change, and it's probably about 50-50, but I look at a team like the Flyers this year who were expected to be very good, started off terribly, and changed their coach -- maybe they didn't rocket to the top of the standings but they got where they wanted to be.

All the best to Dave and his family and I hope he finds another job he likes quickly, and has nothing but success. Good luck to Juan Samuel...and God help him and this team!

Archived