Connor Narron- 5th round- SS, C.B. Aycock HS (NC)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends on how bad that team wanted me and how much they like me and would not just throw a draft pick out there. I probably would not go if I was taken in the seventh or eighth round or later. It would have an early round - I would not just go."

Sounds like 5th round is borderline. You'd like to think we have a pipeline into his dad somehow and have a decent idea that we can sign him.

Sounds like 5th round is borderline. You'd like to think we have a pipeline into his dad somehow and have a decent idea that we can sign him.

Will depend on money rather than specific round. Safe to think he's looking for high six-figures.

Hard to get that batting average up when you have 42 walks, would you agree?

Not really. If anything, I'd say walks and batting average are positively correlated, because you aren't swinging at bad pitches.

Not really. If anything, I'd say walks and batting average are positively correlated, because you aren't swinging at bad pitches.

Yeah that...AND

His OBP is .602. I mean he's not Machado with a .639 BA. But I think most of the stat junkies or even dabblers here would agree OBP that's almost double your BA is not only a good sign, but something this minor league system is in need of.

Yeah that...AND

His OBP is .602. I mean he's not Machado with a .639 BA. But I think most of the stat junkies or even dabblers here would agree OBP that's almost double your BA is not only a good sign, but something this minor league system is in need of.

It would be more meaningful if it was against college competition. You see an awful lot of pitchers who don't really throw strikes in high school.

He had 108 PA this season. He walked 42 times. Its hard to hit .600 when you don't swing at bad pitches. That was my point. He isnt getting 500 PA in High School.

Yeah that...AND

Tough to say in HS. The competition is too varied and there are too many guys who can't throw strikes consistently. In addition, with Narron's power numbers he may have been pitched around a bunch.

I really like this pick though. Seems to have a pretty good approach and projects good pop for the left side of the diamond.

Archived