"Adam Jones came to me" Jim Palmer interview w/Rob Long

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I posted cheeseburgers because earlier in the thread I wrote "cheeseburgers" at the end of my post instead of "letters" or "characters." Someone else wrote "lettuce" the other day and, well, cheeseburgers are better. :D

But they are making the argument that everything is fine...with no proof.

So, if you are going to cry that I don't have proof and yet you have none yourself, then your argument is poor.

SJ wants it both ways.

I don't necessarily see people saying "everything is fine." I see people attacking your argument as having a tenuous (at best) basis. You can attack an argument without having to provide a counterpoint. I would say that there isn't enough information to say whether or not Jones needs an attitude adjustment or he's full of himself because he feels he deservedly earned the AS and GG designations.

This whole thread is a giant pile of manure, with the exception of the cheeseburger picture.

I don't necessarily see people saying "everything is fine." I see people attacking your argument as having a tenuous (at best) basis. You can attack an argument without having to provide a counterpoint. I would say that there isn't enough information to say whether or not Jones needs an attitude adjustment or he's full of himself because he feels he deservedly earned the AS and GG designations.

This whole thread is a giant pile of manure, with the exception of the cheeseburger picture.

Well, there is basis though.

There is what we see on the field.

There is what we have heard from Tony and other members of the media.

There is the stuff we have heard off the field.

Its not like I am looking at his numbers and saying he has believed his own hype and have no other basis for it.

Let's put it this way...There is more out there supporting my argument than the one SJ has.

And none of this means I think he will never be good. None of this means I don't think he is a hard worker, good kid or anything like that. All i am saying is that he needs to change his attitude.

But they are making the argument that everything is fine...with no proof.

So, if you are going to cry that I don't have proof and yet you have none yourself, then your argument is poor.

SJ wants it both ways.

No they're making the argument that you're wrong. You're making an argument from ignorance and it's not true just because it hasn't been proven to be false.

Archived