Harper/Machado

I'm just playing devils advocate. He'd be a idiot not to take the money right now.

But then look at Crow.

IIRC there was a pitcher who was drafted in the 1st round 3 times and didn't sign every time. Can't remember who it was but it was on sportscenter a couple years ago. He eventually signed but of course he turned out to be awful, which isn't a surprise. It was fairly recent, too...sometime in this decade.

So it's not like it's unprecedented.

EDIT: This guy: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090423/harrington And he wasn't picked in the first round 3 times...but he was dumb enough not to take that first offer.

It's funny you mention that guy, I think of him everytime someone asks my opinion on a first round guy. Just reminds me to be thorough and take my time when taking a look at a guy.

If Machado is going to exhibit dumb decision making by turning down what will likely be slot money or above at #3 to go to JUCO, I don't see any reason to bring him onto this team. We already suck, we don't need to be stupid either.

BTW: I love the "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin!" post by Harper. Classy.

EDIT: It appears that Machado took down his posts on facebook....

It was actually funny. A certain poster (can't remember who) friended Machado on facebook and posted that conversation on here.

As far as a big concern, I dunno. I mean, if he took the time to type that, it's crossed his mind...he's considered it a possibility.

Now, money talks. We'll see.

It was me that made the original post. I connected with Harper and Machado on Facebook last year because I was using Facebook to try and get some autographs before these guys became famous. You'd be surprised who else I connected with on Facebook (Taillon, Gausman, Covey, Cole, etc.).

It was me that made the original post. I connected with Harper and Machado on Facebook last year because I was using Facebook to try and get some autographs before these guys became famous. You'd be surprised who else I connected with on Facebook (Taillon, Gausman, Covey, Cole, etc.).

Thats right. Who was cool, who wasn't?

Anyway, whens the signing date? I always keep thinking it's Aug 1...Aug 15th?

Makes no sense for Machado to go back into the draft. Being the #3 overall pick, this is about the most amount of money he's going to get. He won't be drafted higher the next year after not signing along with next years class being a better one than this years. I'm sure both Machado and his agent are aware of this.

He'll sign.

I believe you will be proven correct. ;)

Archived