Game 2: O's at Rays (8/14/10)

PrivateO

I would not say the game is over, but what bothers me is that Matusz just does not look to have ML stuff. Sorry, he just doesn't.

I see, but half of his previous 10 starts were "quality starts," and not just marginal ones either, including only 2 earned runs and 10 hits/2 BBs in 12 innings the last two coming in. But I haven't been watching the games--maybe he looks a lot more tentative than the stats indicate?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rays' announcers sound desperate for any good signs. They must have been really hitting poorly coming in.

Jeez, the roar of the Rays' fans makes it sound like it's a playoff game. Has that hoarse, cold October sound to it, even though it's in Florida. I guess it's Dome acoustics. Have they announced attendance yet? Do the seats look packed?

Rays' announcers sound desperate for any good signs. They must have been really hitting poorly coming in.

Jeez, the roar of the Rays' fans makes it sound like it is a playoff game. It has that hoarse, cold October sound to it, even though it's in Florida. I guess it's Dome acoustics. Have they announced attendance yet? Do the seats look packed?

Train concert after the game is what has drawn the crowd...

I see, but half of his previous 10 starts were "quality starts," and not just marginal ones either, including only 2 earned runs and 10 hits/2 BBs in 12 innings the last two coming in. But I haven't been watching the games--maybe he looks a lot more tentative than the stats indicate?

The few times I have been able to see him, Matusz seems to be unsure of himself. He looks like a kid who is overwhelmed at times. Arrieta, on the other hand seems to have a tough mental attitude and possesses confidence regardless of whether or not his stuff is working for him.

Jeez, the roar of the Rays' fans makes it sound like it is a playoff game. It has that hoarse, cold October sound to it, even though it's in Florida. I guess it's Dome acoustics. Have they announced attendance yet? Do the seats look packed?

They're Fox announcers.

Matt Albers is exactly the kind of pitcher I would be: terrible.

They're Fox announcers.

Matt Albers is exactly the kind of pitcher I would be: terrible.

Nah, I'm listening to the WDAE broadcast over mlb.com. They just admitted they're way too worried over a team that has the second-best record in the majors--because covering them everyday they see every "wart," etc.

Buck doesn't know that about Albers, who's been decent during his short tenure so far. EDIT: Well, just looked up the stats--two good appearances preceded by a horrible one against the Halos.

Train concert after the game is what has drawn the crowd...

Yeah, I see that makes sense. They just interviewed the band in the Rays' broadcast booth. They don't sound like they know much abt baseball, although one sd "I have a condo in Chicago and I'll catch a game now and then." W/O SAYING WHETHER IT WAS THE SOX OR CUBBIES!!! :rolleyestf:

Archived