Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

Old#5fan

Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

This poll is closed to new votes

You are correct. 99.9% of his major league career is as a reliever.

He was converted to a reliever because he didn't have off-speed pitch control, which you are arguing won't effect Price.

James Johnson was a starter until he was converted to a reliever in the majors because of lack of command for off-speed pitches.

So you want to put me on ignore because I constantly point out all the things you say that are inaccurate?

Price has won 19 games and he sure as hell doesn't need another pitch, unless you want him to threaten Denny McClain as being the last 30 game winner. I don't understand why you would infer he needs anything. He is dominant right now.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Price has won 19 games and he sure as hell doesn't need another pitch, unless you want him to threaten Denny McClain as being the last 30 game winner. I don't understand why you would infer he needs anything. He is dominant right now.

He is dominant right now.

All I am pointing out is that you said that Mo gets by with one pitch, but that is because he is a reliever, not a starter (anymore).

seriously, Price really doesnt have any kind of great off-speed pitches, Throwing 85% fastballs has to catch up sooner or later

As much fun as it is to give Old Fan a hard time about the Rivera thing (and rightly so), Price's off-speed pitches were ALL above average.

And I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but according to fangraphs ... per 100 pitches, Price had the 9th best changeup this year and the 36th best slider. Seems to me he has more than just a fastball ...

As much fun as it is to give Old Fan a hard time about the Rivera thing (and rightly so), Price's off-speed pitches were ALL above average.

And I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but according to fangraphs ... per 100 pitches, Price had the 9th best changeup this year and the 36th best slider. Seems to me he has more than just a fastball ...

Oh, obviously you know nothing about baseball though, just like CrazySilver03 said about me. He's the expert here and said Price has nothing but a fastball. Just ask him!:rolleyes:

I didn't think the poll was a good one, but anyone who thinks Price is likely to be a flash in the pan is whistling in the dark so far as I'm concerned. He's got a very nice mix of offspeed stuff to go with a dynamite fastball. If he stays healthy, there's no reason to think he can't be as consistently good as Sabathia has been.

I didn't think the poll was a good one, but anyone who thinks Price is likely to be a flash in the pan is whistling in the dark so far as I'm concerned. He's got a very nice mix of offspeed stuff to go with a dynamite fastball. If he stays healthy, there's no reason to think he can't be as consistently good as Sabathia has been.

Ah, but obviously you are wrong as he is just a one pitch pitcher and should no doubt be moved to a closer like Rivera. Just ask Crazysilver03!:laughlol:

I don't think many people are arguing that though. He is a damn good pitcher, but to put up a poll to ask whether we would ever, ever, ever have a pitcher that is as super awesome and dreamy as Price is absurd. We have had ones as good as Price in the past and we will have ones as good as Price again.

Ah, but obviously you are wrong as he is just a one pitch pitcher and should no doubt be moved to a closer like Rivera. Just ask Crazysilver03!:laughlol:

That's your own fault. Pacman4MVP brought up that he only had one pitch (which I do not agree with BTW) but then you compared him to Rivera, which made less sense than absolutely anything I have ever read on this site. That comparison was stunning, and the fact that you tried to defend it rather than just saying "I made a mistake" or "I don't know what I am talking about" is baffling as well.

I don't think many people are arguing that though. He is a damn good pitcher, but to put up a poll to ask whether we would ever, ever, ever have a pitcher that is as super awesome and dreamy as Price is absurd. We have had ones as good as Price in the past and we will have ones as good as Price again.

I have no idea why people were including the past in this question. The wording of it was "will" as in the future. Of course I know that Palmer was every bit as good as Price if not better as was probably Cuellar, McNally and even Mussina.

He didn't call him a one pitch pitcher he said he uses his fastball a lot and needs to improve his secondaries which is a legitimate concern because he does throw a ton of pitches. Once he controls his secondaries and improves his fastball command a little more and can make it even deeper into games then he'll be even more special.

David Price clearly throws the ball too hard and will subsequently injure himself just like Strasburg did(I am trying to be funny and am not wishing injury on anyone). But precedent has been set with Strasburg. If you throw the ball too hard, you are clearly an injury waiting to happen.:laughlol:

Archived