Zrebiec: Bartlett and LaRoche are top targets

Os84

I don't have much of an opinion on Laroche either way, but I did notice that he strikes out a lot also (172 last year.) I suppose that gets overlooked when Mark Reynolds is your teammate.

I'd take Laroche in a second over Pena. He will hit for a better average than him, although Pena has more power. Like quoted earlier in this thread, Laroche will hit you 25 HRS, and I could live with that. If we do not land Laroche, Pena, or Lee, then the blame should be placed completely on the front office's shoulders.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still seriously doubt he'd come here, but would anyone offer 2/32? Paying over market value per year but keeping it to a 2-year deal.

I would and I think the O's are still very much in this one. Add Konerko and Reynolds to our lineup and it has some swagger. I think the O's know they have to overpay to get Konerko and are willing to do so. The questions are: (1) how high will the ChiSox go; (2) how much do the O's have to pay to get Konerko's attention; (3) can they even get Konerko's attention; and (4) does it require a 3 year deal. To me, questions 3 and 4 are the key. I'm not sure they can get Paulie's attention and not sure AM will go 3 years. I think AM more than willing to sink a large amount into a 2 year deal.

What is the difference between LaRoche at 1B and Scott at DH vs. Scott at 1B and somebody like Vlad or Thome at DH?

Remember LaRoche only put up a .788 OPS last year. He also K'd 172 times last season as opposed to only 48 BBs.

He'd be another Aubrey Huff IMO but with no promise of Huff's 2008 season.

Because we could keep Scott, play Laroche at first, and still DH a Thome or Vlad. I'm gonna be raked through the coals for this one, but trade Pie or Reimold for pitching. Add a solid first baseman already, and don't give MacPhail any more reasons to go with any experiment projects. I'd much rather have Scott out there in left field anyways.

I have an evidence final at 6:30, and haven't been asleep since yesterday. TBH, I probably couldn't tell baseball from table tennis right now.

But I bet you could explain the business records exception to the hearsay rule. :D Good luck with your exam.

Update from Zrebiec: LINK

Sounds more and more like it'll be Reimold for Bartlett. I really hope they work out some kind of extension w/ Bartlett if they make this deal.

A bit expensive IMO. Reading the full update, it doesn't look to me like the deal has much traction yet.

Archived