Zrebiec: Bartlett and LaRoche are top targets

Os84

Me too, because the Orioles refuse to spend that kind of money on proven talent. In 3-5 years, the Nats will be serious contenders in the NL east and players are going to want to go and play there. Unlike here.

Jayson Werth will not live up to that contract.

With the money they are paying Werth they could have filled more holes and gotten more production. As it is they have an albatross round their neck that is fine now, but when Werth is pushing 37-38 years old and they can't trade him away and it also comes time to give Starsburg some money and decide to extend Zimmerman in a couple of years (hits FA in 2013) and extend Harper...

If the Nats were fighting for a playoff spot that is one thing, but as it is they are still going to be fighting with the Pirates and Padres for bottom of the league with a thin rotation and no Adam Dunn in the middle of their lineup.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update from Zrebiec: LINK

Sounds more and more like it'll be Reimold for Bartlett. I really hope they work out some kind of extension w/ Bartlett if they make this deal.

Do you really want to extend Bartlett? My main concern is that it looks like his fielding is in a steady 7-year decline. I'm a little worried about his ability to really play short anymore. I guess if you could get him cheap you could make him a utility player later on.

But I'd lean towards letting him walk after this year, offering arb, and collecting pick(s).

I will be pissed off if MacPhail trades Reimold for Bartlett.

Yep..That's a poor trade IMO.

Reimold is a great bounce back candidate and the Rays know it.

The Rays basically have to trade Bartlett, so why would you trade them a guy who could be a starter for you within a few months of the season? We should be dealing guys out of the Pelzer mold..IE prospects that have a chance of being valuable pieces but are just as likely to be nothing.

I would much rather trade JJ for Bartlett than Reimold for Bartlett and I am not even sure I would trade JJ.

I have been swayed some by those who don't think bartlett is a great idea...I do think he could end up being better than people think and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being worth a pick or 2 but still, its a risk and Tampa basically has to trade him.

Yep..That's a poor trade IMO.

Reimold is a great bounce back candidate and the DRays know it.

The DRays basically have to trade Bartlett, so why would you trade them a guy who could be a starter for you within a few months of the season? We should be dealing guys out of the Pelzer mold..IE prospects that have a chance of being valuable pieces but are just as likely to be nothing.

I would much rather trade JJ for Bartlett than Reimold for Bartlett and I am not even sure I would trade JJ.

I have been swayed some by those who don't think bartlett is a great idea...I do think he could end up being better than people think and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being worth a pick or 2 but still, its a risk and Tampa basically has to trade him.

I completely agree. If this deal goes through, it would piss me off. It just doesn't sound like AM to pull the trigger on this deal. Unless there's more to Nolan's off field actions than we know, and I mean a lot more.

The Nats really haven't gotten any "better" with the Werth deal. They switched out Dunn for Werth, lost homers in the process and got an OF guy that, without the protection of Rollins and Howard, will probably have some troubles. Moreover, Nats park is much more a pitchers park than Citizen's Bank.

Don't forget about Utley too.

This was my entire thought process about Werth as well. How much of the numbers he put up were due to his ability, and how much was due to the sick lineup he was placed in?

I completely agree. If this deal goes through, it would piss me off. It just doesn't sound like AM to pull the trigger on this deal. Unless there's more to Nolan's off field actions than we know, and I mean a lot more.

Well, if this happens, it tells me that the Orioles must not think a lot of Reimold.

They must just be seeing him as a DH and that's it..something like that.

I like that they aren't settling for Izzy but still, this trade is a head scratcher.

I'm kind of in a tough position on this, because I am BENT on upgrading from Izturis. I think it is absolutely imperative that they get Izturis' bat out of the lineup.

This would be a major vote for Felix Pie, which I'm sorta on board with, but there's also a part of me that says, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... he's not a corner outfielder."

Reimold is a good, patient power hitter. They would regret trading him for Bartlett IMO, but I will be happy to see Izturis' bat replaced.

Well, if this happens, it tells me that the Orioles must not think a lot of Reimold.

They must just be seeing him as a DH and that's it..something like that.

I like that they aren't settling for Izzy but still, this trade is a head scratcher.

I don't know how tuned in grimed1 is but he intimated that Nolan's off field issues are significant.

Archived