Jon Morosi: Orioles agree with Kevin Gregg

AJismyhero

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sure hope you heard wrong!!

If they go 5 million per for this guy, I'm going to scream. Brandon Webb just signed for 3 million. This would be a horrendous waste of money, IMO. Could be wrong. I've just seen us urinate away so much cash through the years on exactly this type of pitcher - a good but not great reliever. No thankee.

I just think that paying that much for an average reliever is a bit much.

I agree that it is. But, we've all pretty much admitted that the Orioles are a team that is going to have to pay "a bit too much" to attract free agents. If he helps us having a winning record in '11 and the team appears to be becoming competitive, maybe we won't have to do this in the future. Overpaying now could mean being able to drive harder bargains for higher quality players down the road.

I would be completely OK with this deal if it was a 2/6 or even a 2/7 type deal. A 2/11 deal is just WAY too much money. All that being said, I would have rather had Rauch on a 2/6 or 2/7 deal, although I don't know if he'd be interested in coming here.

With all due respect, why do so many people on here sweat a $4 mill swing over two years so much?? I don't see how that prevents them from doing anything and everything else they need to do during that time period. We don't have an expensive roster. It's the personal equivalent of buying something you need for $20 at Target and seeing it 10 days later at Walmart for $17.99. No biggie, you slightly overpaid.

We have been somewhat active this off season. We still could have three or four more moves. MacPhail has made moves but who knows how much better we will become.

I don't know about the rest of the board, I am more comfortable with AM making these moves with Showalter as the manager, rather than anyone else. Don't know how to explain it, just feel Buck is asking for these moves and wants these types of players in his clubhouse.

Archived