• 0 replies
    • 1k views
    • 18 replies
    • 3k views
    • 29 replies
    • 5.1k views
    • 16 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • I watched The Crow. Heck of a pinch hitter in the Glory Years - delivered big hits fairly often. Probably gets added credit for tenure as hitting coach. That's all I got. 
    • Yes - and he is also in that 22-23 age range. My only hesitation with him is that he had a half-season of well below league average offense in 2022 and a full season of slightly below league average offense in 2023.  I think he needs a bit longer run of doing something similar to what he is doing now to totally put 2022-23 in the rear-view mirror, but I don't doubt it could happen, especially considering how young he is.  Four players, that young, with that much talent, all playing the same position and bursting into stardom in such a tight time window is remarkable.
    • Can someone explain Terry Crowley to me? I was too young to watch him play. Is he being inducted as a coach or for longevity with the organization? He had less plate appearances and was a worse overall hitter for the Orioles than Luke Scott. I'm not trying to be a hater, just trying to understand.
    • Looks like I guessed correctly; Kjerstad starting for Cowser in left.
    • You asked what would happen if Mayo was really good offensively and defensively.  I gave one scenario where Holliday sticks at 2B.  I neglected the Mayo to RF scenario where Holliday stays at 2B.  In my preferred Holliday to CF, I added “if he takes to it”. You may have Holliday penciled into the HOF.  I’m dealing in a meritocracy where Mayo and Westburg aren’t exactly chopped liver.   If Mayo and Westburg are all-star caliber players at 3B and 2B, then hell yeah, I’d consider trying Holliday in CF but it’s not the only option. I’m not president of anyone’s fan club.  I’m president of “whoever performs the best” fan club.